Nero Motor Cutoff Error 26H

Ebikefun

Region
USA
My Nero my motor cutoff while riding in PAS2 up a hill 1/4 mile into my ride. The display where the MPH is showed a “26” and a flashing “H”. Both the PAS and throttle did not work. I felt the hub motor and it was not hot. After about 7-8 minutes I was able to restart the system by turning the cycling the power on/off. The PAS worked for about 1 minute before again cutting out. Cycling through the power on /off sometimes reset the system and the PAS lasted anywhere from 10 seconds to 1 minute.

Any ideas on how to fix this? What is the error code 26H, it is not in the manual?

Espin responded:
Error code 26 occurs when there is not enough voltage in the battery to power the motor; this is a protection measure that's built into the battery, and it kicks in at around 20%. In certain circumstances, you may be able to use PAS 1 on a flat road, as it doesn't require much voltage; however, trying to go up a hill when the battery is that low will trip the protection measure to avoid permanent damage to the battery.

Going forward in the development of our bikes, we'll be setting the display to show 0% when the battery reaches that level, to avoid any confusion about whether or not the battery has enough charge remaining to power the motor. What was your battery level when this happened? Based on your description, I would guess your battery was low, between 20% and 30% (mine was at 24%). In this instance, you need to charge the battery and you should be able to ride again.

(My take home message: it’s a software issue. Plan on a not using the battery to assist when it is below 30%.)

Back