Neo Cross control panel help

frazzxr

Hello all,
Well, i am trying to read the manual for the neo cross. It seems to be wrong and not helpful.

Manual says: hold "-" for three seconds to reset trip meter.
Reality on my bike: holding "-" for three seconds turns on the backlight

Manual says: hold "+" for 3 seconds to turn on the backlight.
Reality on my bike: Holding "+" for three seconds starts the motor..

So my questions.
1. How does one reset the trip meter?
2. Is the bike supposed to move when holding the "+" button for any given period of time?

What other control options can be done with various button combinations? The manual really is kind of useless to me... not sure if this is a "Me" thing or if others find the same issues.

Thanks for any help all.
frazzxr

To reset the trip,
You need to press the (Power) and (-) button together for more than 5 seconds.

I never received a manual with my bike shipment, but mine appears to operate similar to frazzxr. Anybody have any advice on the best way to waterproof the LCD?

Even with riding in conditions such as those shown below, I have never found the need to waterproof the console.

I do put a small bead of silicon around the joint between the console and the mount though. Obviously this then creates small amount of hassle if you need to remove the console though.

If you are concerned about the console, people over here wrap something called cling film over the top.

I guess that you could even use a condom if it came to it. They have a multitude of uses in an emergency situation! :D

1z.JPG 2z.JPG

Wet conditions...

lol, Thanks for the suggestions Eddie and nice pics! Unfortunately, my console didn't like the downpour in Honolulu yesterday, maybe I need to move somewhere with better weather!

That's a real shame to hear. :(

Mine has been put through some serious abuse and not suffered at all. No consolation I know, but at least I'm sure that your rain will be warmer than ours here in the UK. :D

I guess that all that you can do is to remove it and try to let it dry out without getting condensation inside.

If you are concerned about the console, people over here wrap something called cling film over the top.
I think we call this stuff Seran Wrap... Always a joy hearing your stories, and jokes Eddie. Here's one for you ;)

I have a Neo Volt with 20" wheels. I've set the console accordingly (Hold + and - together), then confirm set to 20, but I'm questioning the accuracy of the odometer. My odometer readings don't seem to match the distances calculated for the same route using Google Maps. I may have inadvertently reset my trip meter, so will test it again more conscientiously tomorrow. Anyone else notice a discrepancy like this?

UPDATE: I must have goofed somewhere ... Confirmed today that the TripMeter is consistent with the distances indicated on GoogleMaps.

Last edited:
I have a Neo Jet and very occasionally the trip meter sticks and when I press the button to cycle the display, the trip meter then jumps to the accurate figure. Doesn't happen very often.

My LCD display took in some water drops from rain a while ago.
I was riding for about 1,5 hour in heavy rain. I dried it out and it still works fine.

Rain......hmmmmm..........I live in a area that hasn't seem rain for 9 months. I've never ridden in the rain as I am a weather wimp. I am such a big wimp that I have my chauffeur travel (in car) my suggested ride route and have him sweep any debris out of the road prior to my passage. He typically trails me on my ride in case I get hungry or want a cocktail.

Rain......hmmmmm..........I live in a area that hasn't seem rain for 9 months. I've never ridden in the rain as I am a weather wimp. I am such a big wimp that I have my chauffeur travel (in car) my suggested ride route and have him sweep any debris out of the road prior to my passage. He typically trails me on my ride in case I get hungry or want a cocktail.

Are you kidding..!! haha :)
you should ask your chauffeur to follow you in a car with 3 spare batteries and go on a trip from the west coast to the east coast.
To your grand kids, you'll be known as the badass grandpa who rode from the west coast to the east coast :)

Someone just did that on a Pedego Interceptor:

Back