Neo and Evo battery comparison?

AndersM

Hi,

Has anyone seen any side by side pictures of the 36V Neo and Evo batteries?
I am considering a second battery for long trips and are considering swapping my 2014 Neo Cross for a new Evo Cross.

Thanks!

-Anders

EVO uses a thinner and straight battery, while the NEO line uses a curved, slightly heavier battery.
You can't use a EVO battery on a NEO bike.

Thanks, yes I know that. Like I said in my post I'm considering swapping the Neo for an Evo, but wanted to know the size difference of the two batteries if I decide to get a spare. If I might as well keep the Neo...

Thinner you say. Are they roughly the same length?

Thanks, yes I know that. Like I said in my post I'm considering swapping the Neo for an Evo, but wanted to know the size difference of the two batteries if I decide to get a spare. If I might as well keep the Neo...

Thinner you say. Are they roughly the same length?

My apologies.
EVO line is thinner and roughly the same length. It's 0.5 lbs lighter than a NEO. Also, quick release on the EVO is desirable (in case you need to change flats!)
Probably, you could swap the Bolted wheel on the NEO for a QC wheel and still go ahead with NEO. I don't see big difference in utility apart from QC wheel, extra charger port and thinner battery/headtube.

Here's my skinny:
Evo motor wheel is redesigned, not only is there tool-less splined nut retainers the motor wires exit next to the axle. This makes for a much more robust solid axle. Evo models are phasing in new displays with larger easier to read text and layout which will assist us older more visually challenged riders and a more accurate range estimate . I understand that the displays are able to retro to both the neo and evo line. The new displays are already fitted to some new models and will be available to dealers as parts as a "running change" soon to be available. Evo controllers seem to exhibit a gentler ramp up and ramp down profile and claimed more economical use of power, fully compatable with Neo line. Fit and packaging from the box makes assembly a breeze with very minor adjustment if any needed. Bold graphics and color schemes as well as more robust gusseting and frame design should make for a very durable and attractive frame. Fender, rack and other accessory attachment seems cleaner and sturdier. Improvements in QC in the wheel shop are evident in true running wheels out of the box. And of course there is the much needed charge port which allows on bike charging an obvious oversight with the Neo line. Hydraulic disk brakes standard for the line sans the Evo Eco Lite is a welcome change. All in all the Evo line shows Easy Motion to be very responsive to customer and dealer feedback with a quality line of models. Prompt professional access to parts and technical resources for dealers make service a breeze when needed. As far as service goes time will tell with the Evo line but having serviced many makes Emotion in my experience is one of the best in reliability. Their incremental approach to improvement should bode well in that respect also. My personal favorite line of bikes I find a lot to like in the new Evo line. I am still on the fence with the Nitro. I like the quick response and torque of the 48 volt system but the controller profile seems curious to me. While understandable to preserve a reasonable range and motor integrity at higher current and power levels it seem quirky to me. May be an acquired taste but I'll reserve final judgment till I get more saddle time. I also understand that development schedules had them retain essentially a Neo frame and battery layout, with of course the lack of a charge port. I hope the line becomes more refined next year and can incorporate more of the Evo line features. And finally those spring loaded euro kickstands...gotta love em everytime I knock a bike down (sic). For what it's worth not a bad effort, a lot of good, some so so, and a bit of could use improvement, but nothing terrible. Keep them coming Emotion and ....ride on

Back