Need key type for 2014 izip dash e3....

suzyf921

Hi everyone! I'm just joining after a long time lurking! I have acquired a 2014 dash with no key..I know the 4 digit key number. But not the blank key type.... would anyone out there who has a 2014 Dash or similar bike with the 48 volt battery on the down tube be willing to have a look at their key and try to find out what the key type is? I've already been to izip and they gave me the wrong information so I had a wrong key cut, so I'm looking to get information direct from an izip Dash owner. The key seems to be with a round black plastic hand piece that says ABUS on it. Thank you so much. If by some chance you could send a photo that would be even better! Thanks in advance, Susie

Hi everyone! I'm just joining after a long time lurking! I have acquired a 2014 dash with no key..I know the 4 digit key number. But not the blank key type.... would anyone out there who has a 2014 Dash or similar bike with the 48 volt battery on the down tube be willing to have a look at their key and try to find out what the key type is? I've already been to izip and they gave me the wrong information so I had a wrong key cut, so I'm looking to get information direct from an izip Dash owner. The key seems to be with a round black plastic hand piece that says ABUS on it. Thank you so much. If by some chance you could send a photo that would be even better! Thanks in advance, Susie
I have a 2014 izip e3 peak i think its the same key mine says abus t82

Here is the info where to order your key this guy knows what he's doing
I ordered my key from him for my 2014 izip e3 peak
t-82
when i called izip they gave me the wrong info also.

Warm Regards.

Phil Marmet
Key Accounts / Sales Manager, North America

ABUS Mobile Security, Inc.

1765 N Elston Avenue, Suite 222
Chicago, IL 60642

Main Office: (312) 640-1111
Cell: (312) 459-8419

Hi, izip told me t82 and I had one made. But it doesnt fit and looks nothing like the one visible in Courts video of the 2014 dash.. .the t82 is sort of oblong teardrop shaped and the key in the video is sort of round, with ABUS and a sort of funnel shape on it. I'll call the number you sent, and I can send a screen capture of courts video which should help. Thanks for the info!! Susie

Last edited:
Hi again everyone, here is a still from Court's video of the Izip E3 Dash showing the key fairly well - round fob with ABUS on it and a sort of funnel design. Not at all like the T82 shape that Izip told me I needed. If your key looks like this, please let me know the key type so I can try that one. Thanks!! Susie

Attachments

• capture of izip e3 dash key Abus.PNG
    capture of izip e3 dash key Abus.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 659
Well, here's the followup. I had the key made with the number from the label which I thought was the right one. The key didn't work....hmm. I then finally looked at the key label (black lettering on a white background) with a magnifying glass and saw that the 3 was actually an 8 - over time, the fingers removing the battery had worn off the left side of the 8 and I read it as 3. So I had another key made and now I have a key which works!!

Back