Need help to choose my kit

fif

Region
Canada
Bonjour je souhaite acheter un kit électrique pour mon vélo. Je suis nouveau donc je ne sais pas quel est le meilleur kit.
Je ne veux pas payer plus de 1 000 $.
Je veux le kit complet de puissance au meilleur prix (vitesse, couple et longévité comme 60 km +)
Je connais un moteur de 2000 W avec une batterie de 48 V 20 Ah. Est-ce le meilleur kit pour ce prix ? Transmission

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-17-13-47-26-350_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-17-13-47-26-350_com.android.chrome.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 36
Hello, I would like to buy an electric kit for my bike. I'm new so I don't know what the best kit is.
I don't want to pay more than $1,000.
I want the complete power kit at the best price (speed, torque and longevity like 60 km +)
I know of a 2000 W motor with a 48 V 20 Ah battery. Is this the best kit for this price? Transmission
Are you in Canada or Europe?

That's your typical high power motor from China. You could look all day and find them all the same price. It might be better, if you''re in Canada to look on amazon.ca and find an importer in your country or in the USA. I think Ebikeling has an OK reputation on amazon for this kind of motor. Similarly, if in Europe find an aliexpress vendor with a German or UK warehouse,

WHen you buy from China on aliexpress, I've found that aliexpress will trat you fair if the item doesn't ship or is broken when it arrives. AFter a month though, you're on your own. I don't think a newbie should buy a kit from aliexpress.

As for the kit, that's not my style. It's for making a electric motorbike. The motor is heavy, and requires a bigger battery to keep it moving, It's not intended for low speed assisted pedaling, The battery on these inexpensive kits are always a question. Will you get lucky and will the cells not wear out in a year? I'll let other people that like that kind of power comment.

Welcome. No it is not a good idea to purchase that kit. Firstly, it is illegal. The maximum power in Canada is 250 watts. Secondly it is a heavy and primitive direct drive hub motor. Next, you do not know what the cells are in that battery or the quality of its management chip. This is going back in time to 2009. You would require torque arms or you will rip out the dropouts.

Accueillir. Non, ce n'est pas une bonne idée d'acheter ce kit. Premièrement, c’est illégal. La puissance maximale au Canada est de 250 watts. Deuxièmement, il s’agit d’un moteur de moyeu à entraînement direct lourd et primitif. Ensuite, vous ne savez pas quelles sont les cellules de cette batterie ni la qualité de sa puce de gestion. Cela remonte à 2009. Vous auriez besoin de bras de couple ou vous arracherez les pattes.

The maximum power in Canada is 250 watts.

The maximum power allowed in Canada is 500 Watts nominal, with 750 Watt peak.
You can't go faster than 32 kph (20 mph), you have to wear a helmet, and you have to be at least 16 years old.
The bike also has to have working pedals. (Whether the pedals are actually functional is an option. 😂)

Throttles are also allowed in Canada, but technically you're supposed to be pedaling for the throttle to operate, but that isn't really an issue.

I never pedal and pass cops all the time.
If I passed a cop going over 20 mph, then I'd be in trouble.

My Et.Cycle T1000 comes with a 48 volt battery and 750 Watt/1000 Watt peak motor.

The Canadian version has an 15 amp controller, the American version has a 22 amp controller and the European version comes with a 10 amp controller to limit the power to the motor to comply with the laws, instead of using 3 different motors for the 3 different markets.

Last edited:
Back