Need EBike, Class III, Under $1600

saturation

Region
USA
Hi, looking for a Class III EBike for me and my wife. $1600 max per bike. It will primarily be used on city streets and bike trails.. I don't like the mini ebikes, just a regular styled city bike with the following:

- comfortable seats
- ride speed 28 MPH (I think all Class III are this)
- decent battery life, at least 40 miles

I see the Ride1Up 700 Series around that price tag. Not much else, but then again, I'm a newbie in the EBike world. Any recommendations?

For the money, I would consider a Juiced CrossCurrent S. Its on sale for $1199 and has a great battery life (one of the best, if not best in class) It also has both a cadence & torque sensor to help the peddling feel more natural like riding a real bike (this is a big difference between ebikes, would suggest exploring whether this is important to you or not). It also has a throttle, which can be nice for getting started from stop signs or in traffic as well as those times when you might want a little extra help on hills. Only available in Black at this price point. You could look at the CrossCurrent X but at $2000, exceed your stated budget.

I have owned a CrossCurrent X (CCX) since 2018 and the CrossCurrent S (CCS), is the better deal at $1200 and a perfect first ebike.

The other choices mentioned are nice options too. Just wanted to offer a third suggestion to consider.

For the money, I would consider a Juiced CrossCurrent S. Its on sale for $1199 and has a great battery life
+1 My son-in-law has this bike and it is indeed a nice option---he paid close to $2,000 and has about 2k miles on it.. The dual cadence and torque sensing option is a winner as is the 52v battery.

The Juiced bike looks great! $1199 is indeed cheap for that price and I love the battery life and cadence sensory. Sounds like it's almost impossible to beat for feature/price. It may have just knocked out the Ride1Up 700 as my preference.

My personal experience with both Juiced Bikes and Ride1UP bikes has been very good. Pretty reliable, and decent customer service. My Juiced CrossCurrent Air motor/controller did crap out after about 10k miles, but don’t know how typical that is for e-bikes in general? How long should they last?

Caveats as always with mail order e-bikes, that it is handy if you are comfortable with minor maintainance. If not, buying and servicing from an LBS is recommended. I don’t have personal experience with Aventon, but they seem like a good value.

For the money, I would consider a Juiced CrossCurrent S. Its on sale for $1199 and has a great battery life (one of the best, if not best in class) It also has both a cadence & torque sensor to help the peddling feel more natural like riding a real bike (this is a big difference between ebikes, would suggest exploring whether this is important to you or not). It also has a throttle, which can be nice for getting started from stop signs or in traffic as well as those times when you might want a little extra help on hills. Only available in Black at this price point. You could look at the CrossCurrent X but at $2000, exceed your stated budget.

I have owned a CrossCurrent X (CCX) since 2018 and the CrossCurrent S (CCS), is the better deal at $1200 and a perfect first ebike.

The other choices mentioned are nice options too. Just wanted to offer a third suggestion to consider.
Just bought the same! I also found that coupon MY50 knocks another $50 off.

IMO there was little reason to buy the CCX beforehand unless you really needed the range, but with the CCS at $1200 there really isn't any. Big savings to make whatever part swaps you want.

I had the OG CCS in 2018 and later sold due to moving to a place where it wasn't very practical. Now buying again. The only persistent issue was brake rub that was annoying but fairly inconsequential.

Just bought the same! I also found that coupon MY50 knocks another $50 off.

IMO there was little reason to buy the CCX beforehand unless you really needed the range, but with the CCS at $1200 there really isn't any. Big savings to make whatever part swaps you want.

I had the OG CCS in 2018 and later sold due to moving to a place where it wasn't very practical. Now buying again. The only persistent issue was brake rub that was annoying but fairly inconsequential.
Its a steal at $1150... Best bang for the buck from my research, for an entry level ebike. Sure, it isn't a mid drive climbing machine and it's looks are, well, lets just say, there are better looking bikes, but for what most new ebike riders (or even experienced riders looking for an inexpensive commuter) its a solid option.

Mine arrived last week. Ive not had time to unbox & assemble yet but looking forward to getting up and rolling sometime after christmas.

Yo, are you and your wife on the hunt for some sick Class III e-bikes that won't break the bank? Look no further than GIN X hybrid, my dude. These bad boys are available in the US and come in at a price tag of $1600 per bike, bangin' for all the premium features you're getting.
Fitted with a 250W Bafang motor, hydraulic brakes, and a 615 Wh battery that'll take you 110 km without breaking a sweat. Plus, the fat tires on these babies will handle any terrain you throw at 'em, whether you're cruising the city streets or hitting the trails. And with a cargo system built in, you can carry all your gear without needing a separate trailer.
Similar e-bikes in the US and Europe are selling for £1599 and €1999, but GIN X is offering even higher specs for under £1000. You and your wife will be riding in style and comfort with GIN X, and with a top speed of 25 MPH and a decent battery life of at least 40 miles, you'll be able to go the distance. Just make sure to check the local laws and regulations before you hit the road.
Reported

I'd encourage something Bosch that's pre-owned. We're starting to see folks that bought bikes in 2017-2019 ready to upgrade or try something else, and their current bikes still have plenty of life left.

Yo, are you and your wife on the hunt for some sick Class III e-bikes that won't break the bank? Look no further than <some garbage bike spam website>, my dude. These bad boys are available in the US and come in at a price tag of $1600 per bike, bangin' for all the premium features you're getting.
Fitted with a 250W Bafang motor, hydraulic brakes, and a 615 Wh battery that'll take you 110 km without breaking a sweat. Plus, the fat tires on these babies will handle any terrain you throw at 'em, whether you're cruising the city streets or hitting the trails. And with a cargo system built in, you can carry all your gear without needing a separate trailer.
Similar e-bikes in the US and Europe are selling for £1599 and €1999, but GIN X is offering even higher specs for under £1000. You and your wife will be riding in style and comfort with GIN X, and with a top speed of 25 MPH and a decent battery life of at least 40 miles, you'll be able to go the distance. Just make sure to check the local laws and regulations before you hit the road.
Yo and lol - a 250W Bafang hub motor like dozens of other direct-from-AliExpress bikes.
Nothing special or interesting here; no thanks.

Back