Need advice on what type of pack to get for Racktime rack

Joanne Corsano

I have purchased a Trek Verve+ 2 and it's a really nice bike. With previous bikes I've owned I've always put a small zipper pack under the seat to carry a small amount of gear - a universal tool, a snack, keys, sunscreen, phone. But my new bike has a rear rack (by Racktime) that's in the way of putting a pack under the seat. So I'm looking for a smallish pack that is made to attach to the Racktime rack. I can't believe how hard it is to find such a thing. I found something called the Bontrager Rear Trunk Bag (https://www.racepacebicycles.com/product/bontrager-rear-trunk-bag-154555-1.htm) but it's much bigger than I need and a lot more money than I wanted to spend. Has anyone found a smaller pack that would work for this, or can you suggest a solution? I'm thinking of just getting a smallish waistpack (the type used for day hikes) and attaching it to the rack with bungee cords, but I wish I didn't have to resort to such a clumsy workaround.

Thanks for the suggestions. I should have mentioned that my bike is a step through, so it doesn't have a top tube, so that won't work. As for the Racktime Tour Box, it looks like it's bigger and more expensive than the Trunk Bag that I mentioned. Maybe I should take a look at a handlebar bag instead.

For what ever my opinion is worth, I use the Talis plus bag for most of my needs. It sits well and holds enough. I use it to go to the pool everyday (towel, googles and shower needs). It also works well for going to the store. I also have a WoodPacker box that works for me. Although that was too pricey so I built one. Both work well for me.

Back