Need a bike light

Marceltt

hi guys , just looking for feedback for a durable front bike light. Will be using for street and teal riding at night. Would like the options of charging the light as well as changing the battery if I run out of power. I own the pedego ridgerider. Any suggestions please ? There's so many. Thanks.

When I was searching I ended up with the Cygolite Expilion. Its 850 lumens, has different settings for lower light, strobe for front for day riding and a night setting that also has a slow strobe to get you attention but still see ahead. I also ordered an extra rechargeable battery for it just in case. USB chargeable. Run times very but at least 2.25 hrs on super with medium being about 3.25 hrs. Comes with a helmet or bar clamp. I use both. I have low vision so the helmet mount was a nice surprise when I tried it out. I love the light. Hope this helps. If you need a pic of the box or light I have that also.

When I was searching I ended up with the Cygolite Expilion. Its 850 lumens, has different settings for lower light, strobe for front for day riding and a night setting that also has a slow strobe to get you attention but still see ahead. I also ordered an extra rechargeable battery for it just in case. USB chargeable. Run times very but at least 2.25 hrs on super with medium being about 3.25 hrs. Comes with a helmet or bar clamp. I use both. I have low vision so the helmet mount was a nice surprise when I tried it out. I love the light. Hope this helps. If you need a pic of the box or light I have that also.
Thank you. I would love some pics and how do you like the clamping system holding the light

I'll get you some pics tomorrow, the clamping is great and the light can be swiveled side to side if you need to adjust it but
stays were you leave it.

hi guys , just looking for feedback for a durable front bike light. Will be using for street and teal riding at night. Would like the options of charging the light as well as changing the battery if I run out of power. I own the pedego ridgerider. Any suggestions please ? There's so many. Thanks.

When I was riding my ST2-S, I was determined to find a comparable bike light that puts out similar amount of lumens as the M99 Pro on the ST2-S. I bought this top of the line Cygolite Triden-X (1300 lumens).
https://www.amazon.com/Cygolite-TridenX-1300-Xtra-OSP/dp/B00E1NPV8S/

It works very well. Sadly, I haven't used it much. If your budget is flexible, the Triden-X series offers the same performance the Supernova lights.

i have a few cygolite expillions and niterider luminas

both of these are good lights with good, easy holder brackets

think the cygolites may be a little brighter or maybe just focused differently

have needed little repair parts from niterider and cygolite here and there, they have both been great to deal with although niterider maybe just a little better than cygolite

i like that these are usb rechargable and also that the batteries, etc can be replaced

each of my bikes has at least 2 headlights and 2 tail lights, like having the backup in case one dies or malfunctions

i am a big believer in you cannot be too visible

When I was riding my ST2-S, I was determined to find a comparable bike light that puts out similar amount of lumens as the M99 Pro on the ST2-S. I bought this top of the line Cygolite Triden-X (1300 lumens).
https://www.amazon.com/Cygolite-TridenX-1300-Xtra-OSP/dp/B00E1NPV8S/

It works very well. Sadly, I haven't used it much. If your budget is flexible, the Triden-X series offers the same performance the Supernova lights.
That's a nice light but really above my budget. Thank you

Here's a few pics to look at. Its a well made light, not light weight plastic. Weight without the brackets is 142 grams
IMG_0731.JPG
IMG_0730.JPG
IMG_0729.JPG
IMG_0728.JPG
IMG_0727.JPG
IMG_0726.JPG

The Fenix BT20 gets my vote.

I have been using one for several years of off road night riding, and have yet to be disappointed by it. Things progress though, and if it ever does fail, I might well give the Magicshine MJ-908 8000 a try.

ebr5.jpg

Costs vary greatly in the bike world. Since my LBS is very helpful they'll usually order and match any price. Use google and the name and model number. You'll get the price range quickly.

You can also get something that is WAY TOO powerful (if that is possible). I got the niterider 3600.

It has way more brightness than I actually need. The reviews consistently rate it as the brightest light available. It can be mounted on the handlebar or helmet, I have mine on the handlebar.

It also has a nice waterproof switch that sits by my right thumb.

It reminds me of the way German's engineer cars, why use five bolts when six will fit?

Here's a good review of the high end lights.

jeff

You can also get something that is WAY TOO powerful (if that is possible). I got the niterider 3600.

It has way more brightness than I actually need. The reviews consistently rate it as the brightest light available. It can be mounted on the handlebar or helmet, I have mine on the handlebar.

It also has a nice waterproof switch that sits by my right thumb.

It reminds me of the way German's engineer cars, why use five bolts when six will fit?

Here's a good review of the high end lights.

jeff
Those are nice lights but way above my budget. Thanks

I've been trying to find something to mimic the Smartmotion Pacers downtube lighting that hits the street. I've got the bottle cage bosses but haven't found the product. Ideally it could plug I into the upper USB port on my battery.

Good luck in your search hon, I've had a hell of a time looking myself.

I've been trying to find something to mimic the Smartmotion Pacers downtube lighting that hits the street. I've got the bottle cage bosses but haven't found the product. Ideally it could plug I into the upper USB port on my battery.

Good luck in your search hon, I've had a hell of a time looking myself.
Thanks there's so many. Where do you live ? I'm in Ontario

Back