NCM Moscow size

brookhillb

I am going to upgrade from a 26" Ancheer. I like everything about the NCM Moscow except questions about the size. I am 5'6", 160 lbs, with a 30" inseam. Would the size of the 27.5 Moscow work for me?
I'd appreciate any input.

You could ride it for sure, but it would be better if it was offered in sizes other than wheels. You will have essentiall no standover clearance. Not a problem if you are using it on-road or on bike paths. But it would not be great for off-road.

You could ride it for sure, but it would be better if it was offered in sizes other than wheels. You will have essentiall no standover clearance. Not a problem if you are using it on-road or on bike paths. But it would not be great for off-road.
Thanks Nova. That helps

I am going to upgrade from a 26" Ancheer. I like everything about the NCM Moscow except questions about the size. I am 5'6", 160 lbs, with a 30" inseam. Would the size of the 27.5 Moscow work for me?
I'd appreciate any input.
I'm 5'7" with short legs (29", inseam) and I've managed quite well on or off road. I think you'd manage quite well. 👍

It does... the 27.5 has a 19" frame, the 29 measures 20.5"

I came from a smaller 26" hybrid bike to a Moscow Plus with 27.5" wheels and a larger frame. I am getting used to it but find muscle memory still has me expecting to touch my foot to the ground at stops earlier than what it does. I lean over significantly more on the Moscow Plus to reach the ground. Not a big deal, I'll get used to it but it's taking some time. I'm 5' 11"

I compromised and lowered my seat a little, didn't feel secure being so top heavy... considering getting a drop post but this isn't bad, especially since pedalling is more or less optional now, and one doesn't need to be as efficient.

I've found that all NCM bikes have massive frames that push up the seatpost.

The measurements on the website are accurate, for example, seat height of the 27.5" is really 34".

The Moscow regular does appear to be available in 26", which would give a seat height of 33", as it is with the Prague.

Back