My Story in Case it Helps Anyone

BG4166

Region
USA
City
Leland
I first learned about the Warthog through the Bolton Site and decided it was the one I wanted. That led me to Alibaba and in turn, Cindy Lan at Leili. She convinced me against the Sturmey Archer IGH and ended up suggesting the Rohloff when I insisted on the Carbon Gates belt. I bought the bike in April 2021 and just received it on October 26th.
I chose the Camo paint with front and rear integrated light, basket, rear rack and fenders. Other than them forgetting the rear light ( because no one else orders these), the bike is relatively flawless. I panicked when Trade Assurance released the funds prior to delivery, but as I was tracking the bike in a California warehouse it suddenly and without notice showed up at my home in NC. I'm nearing my first 100 miles and so relieved that I'm able to pass on some good news. If anyone else is still deciding or stuck in the waiting process, I hope this is encouraging. I'd be happy to post some picks and videos if anyone is interested, So far I have only this one.
20211027_101501.jpg

Very nice! Thanks for sharing! I am so glad to see your experience. I too have that bike on order (late October) and I am/have been corresponding with Cindy as well. My bike is built and in the deep dark tunnel of shipping. She thinks it will take 50 days to my door. I also wanted the belt drive with the Rohloff hub. Is the hub loud with a hum or quiet? Just curios...

Attachments

• debee58b13351696ebca87ec660b58f8.jpg
    debee58b13351696ebca87ec660b58f8.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 197
Very nice! Thanks for sharing! I am so glad to see your experience. I too have that bike on order (late October) and I am/have been corresponding with Cindy as well. My bike is built and in the deep dark tunnel of shipping. She thinks it will take 50 days to my door. I also wanted the belt drive with the Rohloff hub. Is the hub loud with a hum or quiet? Just curios...
There is a steady hum when the motor is engaged but it's not bad. The overall range is disappointing but I would still buy it again.

The overall range is disappointing
I think that is the general consensus with all new M620 motor users. It is hard to lay off the power modes and usually the stock programming is not favorable for range management. Most come to start with set to 30A which means you can be using 1000w pretty easily even in the mid modes.

I have decided that there are two distinct ways to ride my M620 bike that are dependent on the amount of distance and time I want to ride. For the 1 1/2 - 2 hr. rides around the house I do alone with elevation and terrain differentials averaging around 20miles that are my daily bread and butter I figure now that I can get away using up to 1000w some. Once again with active pedaling input.

With the stock programming I am averaging about 30wh/mi which is almost twice what I used to on my TSDZ2 bikes. But close to what I use when on my 1000w+ hub road bikes if I am getting after it with them. Bottom line is that using the extra watts results in faster speed over ground which can be fun as long as it is controlled in a safe environment.

But, as of now not certified, when I ride with someone on a more conventional eBike like my friends that have Levo's and Giants, especially Class 1's that cut off @ 20mph, I will have to dial it back some so that I am not always waiting for them or if I want to go 30-40 miles in the future. Good thing is that about all the M620 bikes come with big batteries!

This is definitely dependent on how you ride, I have 14ah hour batteries on my ultra motor- my frame cannot take larger
and would have to be climbing some serious mountains to not get 35 miles out of that every single time

normal riding for me 40 to 45 miles on a 14ah

I do not ride fast but use as much as as I want to go up the hills around Flagstaff every ride

On pavement I may run 15 to 17 miles an hour and still get that, on dirt probably running 10-11 miles an hour

Think any ride I do in flagstaff has at least 1000 elevation gain

am also very heavy and the bike is very heavily loaded

It does have archon And think it is a little bit more efficient but I did not do bad with the stock set up

might be slightly more efficient on some of my hub motor bikes on wh but not by very much, this one comes in about like all my other bikes…

Back