My Odometer Reset On It's Own?

I don't know... But! It could be programmed in kilometers (like much of the world), and 6214 miles = 10,000 kilometers. Many have reported their bikes zero after 10k, km.

I don't know... But! It could be programmed in kilometers (like much of the world), and 6214 miles = 10,000 kilometers. Many have reported their bikes zero after 10k, km.
Winner winner chicken dinner! Makes perfect sense. At least I know when it flipped so I can keep count. Thanks!

Has anyone ever had their display cut out, mine died??

Does it flash an error code and then die or is it 100% dead?

I would get an intermittent error code (30 maintain) blinking in my display and then the LCD/power would shut off to the entire Radrover. It could happen every few minutes on a ride or no issue at all for hours. I would just have to be lucky to looking at the LCD when the error was flashing to see the error code (the bike would run as normal during error display before shutting completely off). I could just press/hold the Mode button to restart the bike while cruising at +15 mph. Replacing the wiring harness and controller fix the problem.

Sounds like a bad connection with loose or bent pins?

Last edited:
I wonder what the manufacturers calculate as the life expectancy is for an ebike compared to a regular bike? I've had our his/her regular bike over 4 years and I know we've put under 1000 miles between the both of them (much less now since getting the Radrover last year). It has been a little over 10 months with two Radrover and I have 3000 miles between both ebikes.

I hope 6000 miles isn't the "over the hill" benchmark for ebikes like it was for car +30 years ago.:(

The LCD readings for miles/mph/trip data stopped working on one of my 16 Radrovers. Trouble-shot with Rad and it is some kind of sensor in the rear hub motor after replacing the wiring harness, LCD, and controller (allow me to ship back parts that didn't work at no charge). It still displays PAS level, watts level, lights, throttle, and 20 mph motor cut-off correctly. Added a $13 wired odo to front wheels that is USB rechargeable from the Rad's LCD screen USB port and called it a day.

I'm about 6500 miles between both Radrovers now. Both are still going strong and expect 2 more years at a minimal. No way I could put that kind of mileage on a regular bike even with 5X the time.

Back