My new e-Bike: Cube REACTION HYBRID Pro Allroad 500 (2018)

Upgrade is an understatement. Nobody can say you haven't paid your e bike dues and don't deserve the new bike!

Thanks JRA. I have been having a blast riding this new bike, it's even better than I had hoped.

I have 720 miles on this bike now. The dealer (Seattle Electric Bikes) did a little rear wheel truing at the 250 mile checkup. Otherwise everything has been perfect mechanically. The chain is still within tolerance (I wipe it off with a rag saturated with rubbing alcohol and lube it with Boeshield when I start to hear chain noise - about every 50-75 miles). I just replaced the brake pads for the first time. The brakes are Shimano Deore BR-M315 hydraulics. I've never had hydraulics before and was a little apprehensive about doing the first pad replacement, but it turned out to be silly easy! It was also the first occasion I've had to remove the wheels and I was surprised how light they are.

There is something about this bike that makes it very agile and instills a great deal of rider confidence. On one excursion there was a long downhill section where I hit 41 mph. The bike remained very stable. It's a road where bikes are permitted to "take the lane" and I did! Very exhilarating, and the first time I have ever come down that hill without being scared spit-less!

Hi Drew, where have you bought your bike? In Germany they are limited at 25 km/h but the price is much cheaper than in US. Looking for such a bike with a similar price but for 20 mp/h. Any ideas?

Thanks again for the information. However that's still more than you have to pay for the same bike in Europe. O.K. with a 4 mp/h speed difference...

For what it's worth, I am so pleased with the handling and braking of this bike, I've already decided my next upgrade will be a 28 mph bike, hopefully with belt drive! :cool: Won't be for a couple of years though.

Drew, What frame / wheel size did you get? I test rode a couple today at their Bellingham store. I liked the 29” wheels, but the 17” frame felt small. The 18” frame felt better, but it looked smaller because of the 27.5 inch wheels. When did buying a bike get so complicated?🥺

Back