My New Conduit+

Just recently got my Conduit+ and so far I am very happy with it. It makes a 15km commute with steep hills at either end and two bridges in the middle very tolerable. My only quibble so far happened today. In HIGH mode while pedaling fast, the motor intermittently cut out. This didn't happen when it was under a lot of load and when I got to work I sped around the flat parking lot and it kept happening. Only in HIGH mode. It doesn't happen in ECO or NORMAL. Anybody have any thoughts? It's not a huge problem because if I were pedaling that fast normally I likely wouldn't be in HIGH but still, weird. Misfiring gear change sensors maybe?
Go to the Trek dealer and get the software updated. Solved my clipping out issues.

Trek Conduit is fabulous bike. Love mine
Agree. I now have that and a new Domane+. While the Domane+ is clearly my "go to," there are times when I long for my Conduit+. The position, assist and gearing are all different. I seem to work harder climbing hills in Tour on the Domane+ than I did in Eco on my Conduit+. Seems odd. Maybe I just got used to the Conduit+ and anything new would be different.

Agree. I now have that and a new Domane+. While the Domane+ is clearly my "go to," there are times when I long for my Conduit+. The position, assist and gearing are all different. I seem to work harder climbing hills in Tour on the Domane+ than I did in Eco on my Conduit+. Seems odd. Maybe I just got used to the Conduit+ and anything new would be different.
Does your Domane+ have more power in Sport or Turbo to go up the hill? Are you finding better results now that you had a chance to play around with the gears?

Does your Domane+ have more power in Sport or Turbo to go up the hill? Are you finding better results now that you had a chance to play around with the gears?
I'm still not 100% sure. I am pretty confident that the Eco on the Conduit+ is more boost than the Eco on the Domane+. This stands to reason since Conduit+ has only Eco, Norm and High while the Domane+ has Eco, Tour, Sport and Turbo.

That said, I don't think it's just that. Suspect the cassette and front ring are substantially different as well.

I'm still not 100% sure. I am pretty confident that the Eco on the Conduit+ is more boost than the Eco on the Domane+. This stands to reason since Conduit+ has only Eco, Norm and High while the Domane+ has Eco, Tour, Sport and Turbo.

That said, I don't think it's just that. Suspect the cassette and front ring are substantially different as well.
Shimano STEPS, 250 watt, 50Nm vs Bosch Performance Line Speed at 63Nm plus lower weight and faster gearing, I would put the Domane+ ahead by a large amount. I am not sure if there was an update to the Bosch Gen 3 but I think just those facts alone plus the fact the motor of the conduit Conduit+ can reach 20mph but the Domane+ does 28mph!

Back