My First E-Bike. I can't decide.....

TKonradRT

Before 48 hours ago, I hadn't considered an e-bike but then a friend sent me a link to the Mate X Indiegogo campaign and I knew I had to have one. Not wanting to wait until March and knowing all the things that can happen with those campaigns, I decided against going that route. I have been researching the last two days and have looked at bikes by Magnum, RadPower, Sondors and Juiced Bikes. I will be using to commute to work, about 1.5 miles and just riding around Denver. I am not hung up on it being a folder but I would like:

1. < $2,000
  2. 750W motor
  3. Class 3 ( or capable of 28mph)
  4. Warranty Support
  5. Hydraulic Brakes
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've looked at Magnum's Peak and Premium, Radpower's Mini and Rover and Sondors limited XS and FoldXS.

Thanks in advance

You have to watch inventory with Sondors. If it's not in stock, you could wait months. I don't know if they changed their 90 day warranty, but often supply parts past that date. Also be aware that they have passed all customer service to the owner's page on Facebook. Sondors does not own that page, they just use the cumulative experience of lots of owners to help fix issues. I have two Sondors Indiegogo fat bikes, model year 2015. Over 1,700 miles. The Bafang geared hub motor failed at 1,680 miles on one of the bikes. There is one of the bike owners who works with Sondors and repairs them. He worked some cold solder joints and sent it back. Failed within 10 miles. He sent a new motor from Sondors at no charge. No experience with the other brands.

You have to watch inventory with Sondors. If it's not in stock, you could wait months. I don't know if they changed their 90 day warranty, but often supply parts past that date. Also be aware that they have passed all customer service to the owner's page on Facebook. Sondors does not own that page, they just use the cumulative experience of lots of owners to help fix issues. I have two Sondors Indiegogo fat bikes, model year 2015. Over 1,700 miles. The Bafang geared hub motor failed at 1,680 miles on one of the bikes. There is one of the bike owners who works with Sondors and repairs them. He worked some cold solder joints and sent it back. Failed within 10 miles. He sent a new motor from Sondors at no charge. No experience with the other brands.

I just read that information and I am extremely uncomfortable with that. I think I am going to buy local and go with a Magnum bike. More than likely the Peak.

Since you are in Denver, you've got bike stores that sells ebikes! If you're not a mechanic type (I'm not, for sure!), might be glad to have the local bike shop support. :)

Happy shopping, whatever you decide to buy!

Back