My first bike help..FIIDO M1 Pro?

Meelo75

Region
United Kingdom
Im about to purchase my first E bike. I want it to take camping and take it into the rough a bit,so thought a fat tyre might suit and it has to be foldable. Iv tried to read up as much as I can and the fiido seems a good buy at £840. I am pretty clueless when it comes to e bikes so if anyone has any advice or if I’m missing out on a much better folding bike elsewhere I would appreciate the advice. The Fiido comes in 3 types.. M1 / M1 pro / M21

If that is spelled fiido there is a recall on fractured frames for x model: https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/fiido-x-recall-frame-breaks.48108/
They do have a M model with 20" fat tires: https://www.fiido-ebikes.com/
Otherwise fiido has 5 posts on the known problems thread under the brand.
A full suspension on a bike you intend to carry camping gear with is very curious.
Fat tires are great for fluffy beach sand and powder snow. At 30 psi max I suspect they don't carry much weight. I find fat tires for people that don't encounter those terrains just as useful as banana seats.
I realize you are adamant about the folding feature, but usually people using folders don't carry much gear. People going camping usually use surly or stretch frame bikes. Won't fit your dwelling, I suppose.
I carry groceries & ag supplies out to my summer camp on a yuba bodaboda with 26"x.21" tires. Perhaps I eat more than you do, or stay longer. Usually I take 5 days food. Usually food fits in the 2 pannier bags, except for bread or lawnmower fuel tied on top of the rack.
Happy shopping and later campling.

Hi,Thanks for the reply.
Sorry,I should of said.. Iv got a little camper van. I want it to be folding because I want to keep it inside the van on journeys. I’m not looking to carry anything on it as such.It’s really to use around a wild camp site,Riding into nearest town or a bit of adventuring. Iv heard the fat tire bikes are bulky when folded so then I was thinking about a normal tyre bike and still take it off road I’m stumped what to get. The fiido sounds good but I’m 47 and I think it looks a bit like a BMX,I might feel a bit daft 😂😂 I’m also looking at the fiido L3 as all together different type but generally I’m still confused.

I’m also looking at the fiido L3 as all together different type but generally I’m still confused.
I would find 20"x2" tires rather jaw rattling through a pothole. Either fat tires or a suspension would reduce the effect of that, but the M3 had both. The L3 has 14" tires and if it encountered a pothole it might stop altogether and throw the rider over the bar. The other fiido 20" bikes have neither fat tires or a suspension. There is only one 24"x2" folding bike I know of, but it doesn't come powered. Lots of 20"x2" models.

I would find 20"x2" tires rather jaw rattling through a pothole. Either fat tires or a suspension would reduce the effect of that, but the M3 had both. The L3 has 14" tires and if it encountered a pothole it might stop altogether and throw the rider over the bar. The other fiido 20" bikes have neither fat tires or a suspension. There is only one 24"x2" folding bike I know of, but it doesn't come powered. Lots of 20"x2" models.
Thanks for your reply
I was thinking the same about the potholes riding on a small tyre so iv ‘bit the bullet’ and gone for the fat tyre Fiido M21
with torque sensor (Whatever that is 😂) Fingers cross I’m happy with my purchase,Time will tell. 👍👍

I have another problem my speedo is really over reading. I have set m866s lcd display to 26 inch wheels do u think I should try half the size as its reading about double?

Back