My first 1000 km with my Leisure

somar

Hi

Before I start my comments I will give a 9 for an overall , lets say satisfaction, expectancy,...
Got my bike at the May 27 and after many years (like 30) without riding like I used to I fell really happy about the bike
FYI, I'm 61, 180 cm/5' and 95 kg/180 lbs. I'm not a muscle guy. Just a regular guy that rode bikes ( a lot) on his youth

Here we go
Yes, I have noise brakes, I called Rize, they gave me the same history that everybody gets. I cleaned religiously the pads and the disks before each ride and 10 minutes later riding the noise will come back.
I was more worry about damage than noise. Once I passed the point that noise was part of the ride and I wasn't damaging anything, noise become secondary issue.
This is the only point against this bike that was unknown at the moment of purchasing

The bike is heavy, I new that from the beginning , I had to learn/measure what I am capable to do with it. I get into the wild, I don't just do bike path, I do foot paths also and every time I have to climb hills or even go down hills that are bike impossible. I carry a rope with me and I use it around the trees to help me with the bike while i carry it. I won't be able to stop those 30+ kilos down hill, no way.

I added a stem extender, I noticed my body was arching, so I move it 3" higher, You can't go more, cables won't allow it

Oh, just remember, another thing I did not "agree" with the bike were the cables showing up at the bottom of the bike going to the back wheel. They are exposed to the stones, mud, etc. I put a plastic cover. I shaped it with heat to the bike design and I attached using the screws of the water holder.

As far as the battery, I already wrote a post on it and yes the readings are not perfect but if you use common sense you can tell how much you have. I measure my rides. I don't go over 80 km, I think about how much pedaling I can do without PAS and how long can I enjoy the throttle and enjoys some freedom. Usually on a shared path I pedal a lot with minimum PAS, but I don't anybody around I enjoy the throttle.
I do notice the % sometimes going 1 or 2 points up which tells me that the numbers are not 100% reliable. If you are going for a ride just be sure that the battery is fully loaded (green LED on charger) and do not over use the throttle and when you see you battery is around 50% is time to go back

I can wait to ride it in the snow and see how many times I fall :)

Another modification, wove the front light higher and I mounted a camera on the front fender

I don't know what else to say, I really enjoy riding it. I'm doing things that at my age I couldn't even dream about it especially when I'm on trails riding on top of roots, gravel, water, stones, branches, etc, etc which by the way reminds me about the fat tires.

I wasn't going to buy a fatty but the more I read the more I understood that was for me. I know the fat tire makes the bike heavier and hard to start pedaling, but guess what: "It's an electric bike" get the science help you and enjoy the ride not worrying about stones on the road.

By the way I tried to locate the throttle on the right handle and it is impossible. (I'm right handed) , then I thought, it's actually good that is on my left so I can firmly grab the right handle with all my fingers

Fabian

Attachments

• 20200731_101833.jpg
    20200731_101833.jpg
    545.7 KB · Views: 383
Back