My experience with Walmart Electric Bikes

Ebikes are evolving rapidly in a growing market and competition is very competitive. I could pay $4,000 or $5,000 for an ebike. But knowing today what I buy at that price will be outdated in 6 months and a new and improved model with better technology will be out for less , and the rotation will continue in the coming future . Bikes from the 60s and 70s still on the road today because of good materials used , but those days are long gone. I chose to go this route telling myself what ever ebike I choose it will be a throw away to move on to more power, range, technology.
Quite frankly, I do not see ebikes going to much more speed so, though there may have more uphill torque, they won’t go much faster. Regulations will get ahead of much of this and yes, price will likely go down but maybe not by much. New features such as ABS and all-wheel drive will likely become quite popular.

responsible posters? who? you?
Anyways,

I don't know what to say man, you can check Hyper and Ancheer reviews on YouTube by yourself. They're real buyers, they do show both pros and cons, etc.

There are tons of them. 😁Many of them have owned for a several months.

Unlike EBR review, where they test only brand new bike and only review initial impressions, some of those Hyper and Ancheer ebikers use them on daily basis.

I didn't say components are good, in the end, they're not Trek or Specialized. However I found that they're generally happy with their purchase.
Hello,

Agree with you. I have an Hyper eBike from Walmart for four months as of this date and has been riding it for 20 miles per day. Not bad at all! I bought it for $598 (last June) but is now on sale at Walmart website for $398. I firmly believe it is an excellent deal for a recreational rider (like me) and can still get a cardio workout. This bike is solid and will last longer than expected if mostly use in city riding, and not on a rough rocky terrain. Practical, low cost and will take you to point A to B.

On some snooty bike forums, these products are known as BSO's... Bicycle Shaped Objects. ;)

Last edited:
I just clicked all the way up to putting in my CC and my goodness, this is a smokin deal. 39 bucks for 2 year warranty, front suspension, i might get it just to have for houseguests. Similar to Espin Flow, no? Whoops, just noticed brakes no bueno...

So I decided to purchase a electric bike at Walmart for the simple fact they are really good about returns and value. I have been skiddish about ordering from other companies due to the possible damage that might occur in shipping. I live in Houston which is pretty flat. The first Ebike I ordered was the Hyper 36v 250w E-ride City 700c. which arrived in 2 days and box was almost in pristine condition. After I assemble the bike I was really impressed with the build quality , components and how smooth and quiet it was. Was pretty zippy and got over 19 miles on one charge. Unfortunately within 1 week there was a grinding sound in the pedal cranks. I called Hyper and customer service was awesome. Very quick to answer the phone professional and polite. I was told that the issue sounded like it needed a new crank set. But it would take many, many, many weeks to get the parts and was advised not to ride and to return the bike to Walmart which I did hassle free. So I could have done an exchange but if a company doesn't carry parts why bother.

Then I ordered the KENT 27.5 36v 350w MTB. Took almost 5 days to receive, making 4 stops from S.C. to Houston,Tx. and once arrived box was trashed by the delivery company being held together with shipping tape. I knew in my gut I was going to have issues and I was right. Once un-packed parts were missing and there was damage to the battery. The battery housing was chipped were the locking latch goes. Therefore the battery would not lock in place. Also a pedal was missing , frayed cables, loose spokes. After spending some time snugging up spokes and truing wheels, adjusting all cables and hub bearings front wheel. Making sure all screws and bolts snug and tight and going thru the bike looking for other possible issues before I call. Received the bike on a Saturday and Kent customer service is only open Mon./Fri. I called Monday morning and explained my issues and they said send info and pictures which I did 30min after hanging up phone. Customer service stated they would need a day to get back with me. Tuesday came around still no response so I emailed all info and pics again just in case they didn't receive. Still no word so I called Wednesday and spoke to another person who wanted me to send all info and pics to them and they would get right on it. A red flag went up for me when Kent customer service stated they didn't even know Kent had electric bikes. Long story short, was told to return to Walmart instead of them sending a new battery and peddle. Which I did hassle free. Again why exchange if a company doesn't carry parts. Unfortunately never got to ride the bike.

One approach is to order a second bike and hopefully get one complete unit out of the two and then return one of them.
I had to do that with a table saw from Sears.

Agreed. ;)
1603654597559.png

On some snooty bike forums, these products are known as BSO's... Bicycle Shaped Objects. ;)

My wife bought a Walmart <$100 single speed cruiser bike to use on paths in Mesa when visiting relatives a couple years ago. It worked perfectly for her for the couple weeks she was visiting, cost less and was less hassle than renting a bike. Since then it has been used regularly to daily for 6-8 mile rides by her sister without any problems. For the right use and user a BSO might be a perfect fit. Snooty bike people are annoyingly obnoxious, opinionated and self centered. Most definitely not "impartial".

Last edited:
The n + 1 principle is a universal law that applies not only to mountain biking but to all things cycling.
The rule, formulated by Velominati, is thus: Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n + 1.

While the minimum number of bikes one should own is three, the correct number is n + 1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.
This equation may also be re-written as s – 1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

The n + 1 principle is a universal law that applies not only to mountain biking but to all things cycling.
The rule, formulated by Velominati, is thus: Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n + 1.

While the minimum number of bikes one should own is three, the correct number is n + 1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned.
This equation may also be re-written as s – 1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Well that makes me feel better. Maybe I'm not sick after all :)

Back