Hey Barkme Wolf, thanks for the accessory video!

I only do around 15 miles a day if I do straight to/from work (I leave between 5am - 5:30am 3X-5X a week). I've sometimes do 30-35 miles a day if I take detours for fun rides if the weather is nice. I also have an extra battery I try and rotate to keep the charge/discharge cycles around the same.

I run into a same concern of it is better to be seen with extra (bright) lights in low and limited light in early morning ebike commuting. I think the human brain is conditioned to be more alert and more cautious when they see a flashing light because of fire/police/emergency services. Even a distracted driver on a cell phone will respond to a flashing light. Any flashing light front and rear can be a potential life save for the ebiker on the public roads day or night.

I use my Radrover headlight, NiteRider Pro 3600lm on lowest setting on handlebars (solid at night, blinking during day), and NiteRider Pro 2200lm on lowest setting on helmet. I also have two 70lm Light and Motion Vis 180 USB rechargeable tail lights for the back of the rad rear rack and my helmet, and the Brightz, Ltd Go Brightz LED bike light under the seat to help with side illumination. I only need to re-charge once a week since I put in a lot less mileage.

I like the focused helmet light to 2X the amount of light on the road when needed to avoid debris and obstacles (there is so much glass/rocks/car parts in the share the road bike lanes), check the road out during a tight turn, and shine at a cars on side roads nearing a stop signs that might turn in-front of me when I have the right away on the main road. I look as bigger and brighter than a motorcycle moving at 20 mph that early in the morning.

I still wear reflective clothing also. I pass other bike commuters that early in the morning with zero lights, reflective gear, protective clothing, or helmets. That is crazy to me.

Hey Barkme Wolf, thanks for the accessory video!

I only do around 15 miles a day if I do straight to/from work (I leave between 5am - 5:30am 3X-5X a week). I've sometimes do 30-35 miles a day if I take detours for fun rides if the weather is nice. I also have an extra battery I try and rotate to keep the charge/discharge cycles around the same.

I run into a same concern of it is better to be seen with extra (bright) lights in low and limited light in early morning ebike commuting. I think the human brain is conditioned to be more alert and more cautious when they see a flashing light because of fire/police/emergency services. Even a distracted driver on a cell phone will respond to a flashing light. Any flashing light front and rear can be a potential life save for the ebiker on the public roads day or night.

I use my Radrover headlight, NiteRider Pro 3600lm on lowest setting on handlebars (solid at night, blinking during day), and NiteRider Pro 2200lm on lowest setting on helmet. I also have two 70lm Light and Motion Vis 180 USB rechargeable tail lights for the back of the rad rear rack and my helmet, and the Brightz, Ltd Go Brightz LED bike light under the seat to help with side illumination. I only need to re-charge once a week since I put in a lot less mileage.

I like the focused helmet light to 2X the amount of light on the road when needed to avoid debris and obstacles (there is so much glass/rocks/car parts in the share the road bike lanes), check the road out during a tight turn, and shine at a cars on side roads nearing a stop signs that might turn in-front of me when I have the right away on the main road. I look as bigger and brighter than a motorcycle moving at 20 mph that early in the morning.

I still wear reflective clothing also. I pass other bike commuters that early in the morning with zero lights, reflective gear, protective clothing, or helmets. That is crazy to me.

I hear good things about the NiteRider-

I hear good things about the NiteRider-

I only use the full NiteRider bike 3600lm+helmet 2200lm when trail riding at night near the woods next to Rio Grande river. Having both on full power pretty much turns night into day on moonless nights in thick woods. Impossible to outrun these light on full power at +25mph. They also come with a headband attachment for camping and hiking at night I've used a few times. The battery pack can get 90 mins at 3600lm or 16hrs at 450lm. The lowest setting is more than enough for 5-7 hours work commuting each week and I only need to recharge once a week to top off power. I was able to piece everything together off of eBay for about 1/2-2/3 the price of retail.

Back