Mounting an Abus Frame Lock?

Jimmy666

I have a Core 5 and Looking to mount an Abus 5650L frame lock. I did get the adaptor straps but could not for the life of me get it on properly. Has anyone here had success mounting this lock? Would bottle bobs and hose clamps also work?

I mounted an Abus lock to my Ride1Up Limt'd. I tried to use the adaptor straps but they just didn't work. So I used hose clamps. Worked out great. I wrapped three layers of electrical tape around the frame to keep from scratching the paint. Once I had the lock mounted, I used Plasti Dip (rubberized coating bought at Lowes) to cover the clamps
IMG_20201124_163928.jpg
. Unless you look closely, you can't tell the hose clamps are there.

Attachments

• IMG_20201124_210515.jpg
    IMG_20201124_210515.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 424
I mounted an Abus lock to my Ride1Up Limt'd. I tried to use the adaptor straps but they just didn't work. So I used hose clamps. Worked out great. I wrapped three layers of electrical tape around the frame to keep from scratching the paint. Once I had the lock mounted, I used Plasti Dip (rubberized coating bought at Lowes) to cover the clampsView attachment 109614. Unless you look closely, you can't tell the hose clamps are there.
Nice! This is what I am thinking about doing after messing around with those straps. How did you attach the lock to the hose clamps?

I tried to take picture to show how I did it but it was hard to see. Basically what I did was to drill a hole through the hose clamp where the nut to tighten it would be available on the side. I got a fender washer (a bigger than normal washer) and bent it around a piece of pipe so that it's radius was the same as the frame. Then I ran a bolt through the washer, through the clamp, and then through the lock. Used a locking nut to tighten it all up. It's solid, doesn't move around at all.

I tried to take picture to show how I did it but it was hard to see. Basically what I did was to drill a hole through the hose clamp where the nut to tighten it would be available on the side. I got a fender washer (a bigger than normal washer) and bent it around a piece of pipe so that it's radius was the same as the frame. Then I ran a bolt through the washer, through the clamp, and then through the lock. Used a locking nut to tighten it all up. It's solid, doesn't move around at all.
I am going to try these out before attempting your method https://www.amazon.com/Grin-Technol...078T6QRQB/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I mounted an Abus lock to my Ride1Up Limt'd. I tried to use the adaptor straps but they just didn't work. So I used hose clamps. Worked out great. I wrapped three layers of electrical tape around the frame to keep from scratching the paint. Once I had the lock mounted, I used Plasti Dip (rubberized coating bought at Lowes) to cover the clamps.
Just to confirm, is that the 5750L and do you have 2.4" wide tyres?

I'm trying to confirm if the 5750L or 5650L will fit a Momentum Transend+

Just to confirm, is that the 5750L and do you have 2.4" wide tyres?

I'm trying to confirm if the 5750L or 5650L will fit a Momentum Transend+
I used a 5750 Shield Plus. I can't find the invoice so I don't know the exact model number. My tires were 2.4" wide and I have plenty of clearance.

Back