Motor not turning on

Babrassiler

Washed my 6 week old lacuba e45 today, just a light soaking around the motor and controller. Now the computer display turns on and the lights but I can't get the motor to give any assist level. Anyone else have this problem or suggestions? Really disappointed as this is intended to be my daily commuter and nearest dealer is 1 hour away.

Water can get into the charging socket on the bike because the cover doesn't seat properly, and that can cause problems. I try to remember to dry mine properly, or if i'm doing a super clean I take the battery out

Disconnect any connectors you can and spray them with a waterproof electrical product. I use T9 Boeshield as it also works well on my chain and cables. Do any contacts you find also. On some brands the display slide off and those contacts are critical. Also even a light mist in the charge port won't hurt.

In fact it is a good practice for any e bike.

The controller was operational a day after letting the bike sit, the rear brake light doesn't fluctuate in intensity when I pull the lever anymore but I'm short on the time to mess around with it. Just happy to be able to use the bike again. @JRA thanks for the input on the T9 Boeshield.

You're not alone with this problem. I had similar a few weeks ago. All the lights on the display would come on but when pedaling the side indicators to show amount of peddle effort and battery effort would not display and no power.

It was suggested that after removing and replacing the battery that the pins taking the power to the motor were not contacting (the pins are spring loaded) The first solution was to tap around that area with a hammer. That worked -----for another 4 rides. I had my reservations about that explanation because The bike would "walk" when the Walk button was pressed.

Another more believable suggestion was that the torque sensor had failed. A couple more taps (with a rubber tyre mallet) worked again. At that stage the bike went back to the LBS and on return has worked. One ride so far. Had different advice as to what was done and don't know what to believe.

It happens a lot.. Drove my new Honda Ridgeline through a medium sized puddle and one of the cross traffic alert sensors near the wheel well started alarming.. No way to turn it off..... Intermittent alarms for an hour...

Electronics can be frustrating.. Time is usually the best cure.

You're not alone with this problem. I had similar a few weeks ago. All the lights on the display would come on but when pedaling the side indicators to show amount of peddle effort and battery effort would not display and no power.

It was suggested that after removing and replacing the battery that the pins taking the power to the motor were not contacting (the pins are spring loaded) The first solution was to tap around that area with a hammer. That worked -----for another 4 rides. I had my reservations about that explanation because The bike would "walk" when the Walk button was pressed.

Another more believable suggestion was that the torque sensor had failed. A couple more taps (with a rubber tyre mallet) worked again. At that stage the bike went back to the LBS and on return has worked. One ride so far. Had different advice as to what was done and don't know what to believe.

What type of motor and display does your bike include? Why do I ask? I recently received a Riese & Mueller Tinker that has the Bosch motor and Intuvia display that has very similar glitches. I received it Friday evening and upon my initial rides Saturday and Sunday the same intermittent loss of power is occurring. I have dropped the Tinker off at my LBS. Luckily it is only half a mile from my home and they have a Bosch certified technician on staff. I hope the fix is as simple as yours. The weather in the Chicago area has finally become spring-like and I have a serous itch to ride my new bike glitch free!

I have the Brose motor and the Brose LCD display. In my case the display would light up but no power supplied to the motor. The display has a bar on each side, one for the amount of effort I put in, one for the amount of battery supplied. neither worked.

My brose motor just randomly died on me this week, I was in level 2 assist then power dropped. Stayed like that for a mile then I pulled the battery out and it started again. Dropped a few times more on the way back but has been fine since, brake lights are also operational again. I think I'll hold onto my car for a while longer!

Update: The motor has been working intermittently the past few days. It would not power up for me on my ride home yesterday. Cycling that bike fully loaded 18 miles was not the easiest. I went to the dealer today and the controller worked intermittently while there, they contacted Bulls who agreed that the controller most likely needs replacing. The warranty on that part is with BMZ though so I had to pay for the part ($85) plus labor ($80) and the dealer will reimburse me on the part when/if BMZ approves it. Bike is operational now, will update if there are further issues. This is the part that was replaced

https://bieg.com/epages/1a0bc832-46...49ef-becb-85834ed2d97d/Products/1401500618112

Did the replacement of the controller solve the problem ???

As mentioned earlier I have the same problem and despite going back to the dealer twice, the problem has not been solved. (dealer is 2 hours and 145ks (each way)down the island) The first 'fix' was to replace the motor, thinking that the torque sensor was the cause. The second time...no idea. In both cases the battery was fully charged and the current "theory" is that the battery could have been fractionally overcharged and a controller in the motor will only accept voltage up to a precise value.

I'm working on it.

@Camac The replacement of the controller module seems to have fixed my issue, I have had no problems operating the motor since.

However earlier this week the Bloks LCD display keeps defaulting back to it's original settings, the only thing being updated is the total miles. I sent my dealer an email and they suggested that the internal battery may not be getting a charge. I'm wishing I went with a Bosch mid-drive.

Back