Motobecane EF3 Shimano steps folder

flatsix are you sure the e6000 is the same motor as the e6100 except Bluetooth tuning? I don't care anything about tuning, just want 100% power from the motor in high
there are some e6000 on eBay, if they plug and play I might pick one up cheap... my display is this one I think- don't have the bike with me
and the control buttons are these View attachment 59882 do these look like yours?

The old E6000 series motors are different from the new E6100... different display, form factor, shifter, etc.
I would recommend upgrading your current E5000 to E6100 to ensure everything is compatible.

1595605927630.png

Last edited:
Watching this with interest. I am among the members Flatsix introduced this bike to, and is what "allowed" me to even consider a middrive in the first place.

I have 2 2016 Raliegh with the old style e6000 mtrs 4 years old original batts no problem with hilly Penn.

My experience with the Shimano E6000 has been great... reliable and efficient with the best range of my bikes.

Which Raleigh model do you have? I got the Misceo Sport iE for my wife ... see my signature for details. 😉

Last edited:
Large and small Detour IE really pleased with them. I have a funky leg from m/c accident so I needed the low step model 4 years and the only time its seen the shop is for a general tune-up.

Large and small Detour IE really pleased with them.

I have a funky leg from m/c accident so I needed the low step model 4 years and the only time its seen the shop is for a general tune-up.

Great to hear that the Shimano E6000 motor has been trouble-free on your Raleigh Detour iE.

The new 2019 model Detour iE has now been upgraded to the latest E6100 motor and the price is $100 less. ;)

Wow, really good news

Did not expect this but I spoke to Shimano today on a lark to see if I could swap out for one of the bigger motors and they said they all Bolt In exactly the same

they felt the 6100 motor which has 70nm would swap in With zero problems and plug into everything

I am also considering the 7000 motor

would probably like to do the 7000 if possible - obviously I have some research in my future

good chance this will change everything and I will keep this bike
Vincent, this has been an interesting thread. Did you do a mid-drive swap on the Motobecane?

No and honestly I kind of regret not doing it, the bike rode nice with the 3 inch tires and was light…

too bad it does not come with the option of the bigger motors

Back