Motobecane eBikes

Did not know that they do have tubs (sic) in them. .
Hah! good description! Those tubes are real tubs, a pound and a half of 27.5 x 3.0 tubes which would be better off in a fatbike. Take them out, you'll appreciate the better ride, and goat-head proof the tire at the same time.

Just hit 2K miles on my Motobecane E-Hal. Realy enjoy the bike and it's holding up very well. Some of the upgrades that I did was adding an XT SI2 derailer and a drop seat post. Lots of fun!

Just hit 2K miles on my Motobecane E-Hal. Realy enjoy the bike and it's holding up very well. Some of the upgrades that I did was adding an XT SI2 derailer and a drop seat post. Lots of fun!
Zowie! How much of that 2k was on trails?

I tried to install an internal dropper but there wasn't enough space in the hole above the motor for the cable housing.

Zowie! How much of that 2k was on trails?

I tried to install an internal dropper but there wasn't enough space in the hole above the motor for the cable housing.
The installation was tight. Regarding the 2k, 98% Trails. Even took the bike up to Oregon for single track ridding.

Okay, it had to happen. I lost one of the nuts for my pivot rear suspension. emailed Chris from BikesDirect. Let's see how fast they respond. So far super happy with the bike, but I agree that a one over with lock-tight is a must.

Here are the updates I have made:
  1. Seatpost Drop
  2. Di2 Shifter and Derailer
  3. Handlebars

Attachments

• IMG_5212 2.jpg
    IMG_5212 2.jpg
    606.1 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_5210 2.jpg
    IMG_5210 2.jpg
    918.3 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_5211 2.jpg
    IMG_5211 2.jpg
    598.8 KB · Views: 455
Regarding Spare batteries, I got mine from the local dealer as I couldn't wait for them being available on BikesDirect. Paid around $630 for it. You have to get it from a local dealer as they can not be shipped by the normal carrier due to the fire danger.

Okay, it had to happen. I lost one of the nuts for my pivot rear suspension. emailed Chris from BikesDirect. Let's see how fast they respond. So far super happy with the bike, but I agree that a one over with lock-tight is a must.
Thanks for posting photos! They reminded me that I wanted to "proactively" get a spare derailleur hanger, but I couldn't find the one you showed in your third pic on Wheels Mfg or DerailluerHangers websites.

Did you get a response from Chris? I emailed [email protected] asking about their hangers, and got a prompt response from Larry linking me to the page below. Of course there's nothing indicating the page's existence on their main site, just like the HAL eBOost page, and hanger 43 (for "HAL6") is the exact same shape as hanger 47 for eBoost...

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/parts/der_hangers.htm

The "Main" pivot bolt is the very last listing, but it looks nothing like any of the pivot bolts on my eBoost, so I'll be curious to know if they hook you up!

BikesDirect was on it. Emailed them Sunday night and they got in touch with me Monday morning. I ordered the part and I had it yesterday, Thursday in my hands. Ready for the weekend ride. I will order the hanger too, always good to have one on hand.

BikesDirect was on it. Emailed them Sunday night and they got in touch with me Monday morning. I ordered the part and I had it yesterday, Thursday in my hands. Ready for the weekend ride. I will order the hanger too, always good to have one on hand.
Can you link me to the pivot bolt?

Looks like BD now has 3 different levels of their Shimano Steps mountain bikes:

$1,699 - Shimano E5000 / Shimano E6010M Electric Mid Drive Adventure/29er Front Suspension
http://www.bikesdirect.com/products...es/ebikes-electric-bikes-elite-eadventure.htm

$2,699 - Shimano E6100M Electric Mid Drive 29er Full Suspension, Electric Mountain eBike
http://www.bikesdirect.com/products...ikes-hal-e29-electric-mountain-bikes-29er.htm

$3,499 - Shimano E8000 Electric MidDrive 27.5PLUS Full Suspension Electric Mountain eBike
http://www.bikesdirect.com/products...ebikes-hal-eboost-electric-mountain-bikes.htm

Here is a new review from Bike Rumor... looks like it now comes with a dropper seat post. ;)

1574052810360.png

Attachments

• 1574052629583.png
    1574052629583.png
    521.1 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:
Yep, just put one together for a friend (my 7th of this model of bike). The dropper seatpost required some set-up, and we had to dig up a youtube to figure out the cable attachment and trimming. Also, the rims weren't tubeless ready and required taping.

It's still a pretty solid spec for the price, but this model was introduced almost 2 and a half years ago. At least they upgraded this model with a dropper post, but it's a cheapo with only 100mm of travel regardless of frame size.

That bike rumor write up is ridiculous. Do they honestly believe anyone thinks that the price will go up to $8K? Their skeezy marketing strategies make them look silly, and quite frankly, a little unprincipled.

Back