Moscow + fork

George71

Region
Canada
Hi all. I'm getting my 29er plus delivered Monday. Super excited for this bike. It's my first e bike. I'll be riding on road and on trails (nothing to crazy). But I'm really wanting to upgrade the fork. I'm a bigger guy at 6ft2 260 pounds and I think this would be the best upgrade for the type of riding I'll be doing. My question is when buying a new fork what specs am I looking for, in regards to it fitting on this bike? Thanks in advance

So I can't help too much here but I looked into this real quickly once and found this:

You may already be aware of it, but if not, it could save you some decent money... at least based on what I've read.

So I can't help too much here but I looked into this real quickly once and found this:

You may already be aware of it, but if not, it could save you some decent money... at least based on what I've read.
Thanks. That is good info. I will definitely look into that. Thank you.

Hi all. I'm getting my 29er plus delivered Monday. Super excited for this bike. It's my first e bike. I'll be riding on road and on trails (nothing to crazy). But I'm really wanting to upgrade the fork. I'm a bigger guy at 6ft2 260 pounds and I think this would be the best upgrade for the type of riding I'll be doing. My question is when buying a new fork what specs am I looking for, in regards to it fitting on this bike? Thanks in advance
Mine is a regular moscow, but my build is about the same as yours.. I think the stock fork will be
fine as long as you´re not shredding black diamond trails. However I would suggest a more robust
rear tire with thicker sidewalls, 55 to 70 psi. (I hate it when the font mysteriously changes mid sentence)
I will say that the plus is well worth the extra bucks just for the hydraulic brakes, let alone the other
upgrades. I love my moscow, but it does require more attention to maintenance,(mostly brake adjmts.
& close watch on tire pressure.) It has otherwise been reliable, sturdy, & forgiving of dumb mistakes.**
Should you ever need to fix a rear flat, be ´very´ careful to put it back exactly the way it came apart. This
is a fairly labor intensive process made easier if you get a dbl. leg kickstand. Memorize the owners
manual, There are nuances there that shouldn´t be ignored. ** am currently at 2800 miles.

Last edited:
Mine is a regular moscow, but my build is about the same as yours.. I think the stock fork will be
fine as long as you´re not shredding black diamond trails.
I used to ride those double black diamond trails a lot, being from Vancouver and all. Anyway that is not what my plan for this bike. Just some easier dirt trails, nothing crazy. I will try out the fork and see how it goes. I have been reading through the NCM forum here and learning a lot. If I blow a spoke that will be the first thing I do, build a new bomb proof rim, I have a local bike shop here that can help with that. I appreciate the advice. Thanks John

I used to ride those double black diamond trails a lot, being from Vancouver and all. Anyway that is not what my plan for this bike. Just some easier dirt trails, nothing crazy. I will try out the fork and see how it goes. I have been reading through the NCM forum here and learning a lot. If I blow a spoke that will be the first thing I do, build a new bomb proof rim, I have a local bike shop here that can help with that. I appreciate the advice. Thanks John
It´s a good general purpose bike, nothing fancy, ya don´t have to worry about wrecking a $5G bike. You´ll
find the bike is a bit goosey on take off with the pedal, & it´s not hard to bump the throttle by accident. The
motor gets stronger & quieter as it breaks-in for the 1st thousand miles.. You´re in for a treat. climbs great.

Last edited:
I’ve got regular Moscow 29 , I’ve done a lot of riding on pretty rough trails and the suspension has been fine . I would recommend the suntour suspension seat post though , it transformed the bike on bumpy surfaces !

Just a quick update and initial impressions. I received the Moscow Plus a couple weeks back. I will be using the bike for mainly trail rides and some urban stuff. I will not be commuting. Changes made right away. New front fork with new wheel/hub, new wider riser bar, far better control on the trails (bonus: more room for lights cell phone etc.) I made these changes because of my size. With my weight the fork that came on the bike was pretty much useless. I haven't had issues with the rear wheel but I will be putting it through some tough tests soon.

I would have been better off with a middrive mountain bike, but for the price I just can't. Even with the upgrades this NCM will have cost me thousands less than a decent middrive. Also, Damn! this bike is amazing for the cost. It is built well, goes fast and it climbs like crazy. Some of the hills we have around here I get breathing hard walking up them and I have been riding up them without stopping! And I love that I am still working to get up them, still getting exercise. I am pretty sure that this ebike will do everything I want and more, with some small cost upgrades, to me that is what matters most.

I will post some pics soon

Just a quick update and initial impressions. I received the Moscow Plus a couple weeks back. I will be using the bike for mainly trail rides and some urban stuff. I will not be commuting. Changes made right away. New front fork with new wheel/hub, new wider riser bar, far better control on the trails (bonus: more room for lights cell phone etc.) I made these changes because of my size. With my weight the fork that came on the bike was pretty much useless. I haven't had issues with the rear wheel but I will be putting it through some tough tests soon.

I would have been better off with a middrive mountain bike, but for the price I just can't. Even with the upgrades this NCM will have cost me thousands less than a decent middrive. Also, Damn! this bike is amazing for the cost. It is built well, goes fast and it climbs like crazy. Some of the hills we have around here I get breathing hard walking up them and I have been riding up them without stopping! And I love that I am still working to get up them, still getting exercise. I am pretty sure that this ebike will do everything I want and more, with some small cost upgrades, to me that is what matters most.

I will post some pics soon
Hi George
I was considering replacing my front fork as well. Could you provide a link to the one you chose?

Hi George
I was considering replacing my front fork as well. Could you provide a link to the one you chose?
Manitou fork

that fork is 140mm travel air, lock out, rebound 32mm tubes. It will require a new hub as it is 15mm thru axle. I don't think it comes in a quick release 9mm.
The difference in weight from the fork alone is worth it. I was shocked when I felt the weight of the original fork.

Back