Mission Control questions

@Stefan Mikes : The BLEvo FB page is actually in a multitude of languages. Mostly Italian, but enough English so I can figure out what is going on. A few other languages, such as Deutsch. Still can't get comments.
FB is getting worse and worse.
Try to switch to "All comments" from "Most relevant".

@Stefan Mikes : Thanks for that suggestion. If I switch around among the various comments types, I get the comments. Also, the translations are very useful. Just discovered them.

Will BLEvo connect to a Tero 5 with Mastermind TCD-W?
Verified negatively. I tried the latest BLEvo version on a Tero 5.0 yesterday. BLEvo would not work with the Mastermind at all.
I write this to warn anybody (not only Reed) against it.

it is very annoying that specialized does not use industry standard bluetooth profiles for the various sensor data their bikes output. i understand their logic - use our hardware and software, or use ANT+ - but i don’t like it!

obviously whatever reverse engineering paolo/blevo did to communicate with the turbo bikes over bluetooth was undone by the latest iteration from specialized.

i have two bluetooth to ANT+ bridges arriving monday to see how they work. badly, i’m guessing.

it is very annoying that specialized does not use industry standard bluetooth profiles for the various sensor data their bikes output. i understand their logic - use our hardware and software, or use ANT+ - but i don’t like it!

obviously whatever reverse engineering paolo/blevo did to communicate with the turbo bikes over bluetooth was undone by the latest iteration from specialized.

i have two bluetooth to ANT+ bridges arriving monday to see how they work. badly, i’m guessing.
I suspect there has been some EU parliamentary or governmental directive to stop derestricting e-bikes. Bosch are very much involved in preventing derestriction, now Specialized has followed the suit. The input data to Mastermind TCD-w/TCU have been encrypted. Now, derestriction will be rather difficult. My feeling about Specialized is they never do unnecessary things but are serious about the law. Certainly, it must have been some legal incentive behind the whole story.

Back