Mission Control ON all the time.

Mixyblob

Is it possible to prevent my Android phone from sleeping when Mission Control is opened?
The only way I can achieve it at the moment is to change my screen sleep time from 5 mins to never, then change it back after my ride.
I've tried a couple of apps which are supposed to achieve this but no success.

I had meant to look at this earlier, but forgot. As they say, memory is the 2nd thing to go.......I forget the 1st.

Anyway, you can use the Mission Control app to do this for you. From the Home screen go to Settings. About 1/2 down the screen you'll find the "Display Always Active" option. Move the slider to ON. You're done. When the app is active, the phone's display will remain on, regardless of the display settings you've selected under the phone's Settings. Close the app to return to your phone's settings.

Tried this on today's ride. Works exactly as expected.

I had meant to look at this earlier, but forgot. As they say, memory is the 2nd thing to go.......I forget the 1st.

Anyway, you can use the Mission Control app to do this for you. From the Home screen go to Settings. About 1/2 down the screen you'll find the "Display Always Active" option. Move the slider to ON. You're done. When the app is active, the phone's display will remain on, regardless of the display settings you've selected under the phone's Settings. Close the app to return to your phone's settings.

Tried this on today's ride. Works exactly as expected.
Thankyou so much. I can't believe it was that simple and more to the point, how I missed it in the first place.
Even the dude at Specialized I emailed, didn't know about it.

Back