MIK system works with Serial 1 racks

rudym

I was having a difficult time attaching tail bags and panniers to my Serial 1. I decided to try the MIK adapter plate and voila, perfect fit and secure attachment!

Attachments

• 9F67041D-EA9B-4794-9DAD-A0F7E3318564.jpeg
    9F67041D-EA9B-4794-9DAD-A0F7E3318564.jpeg
    320.7 KB · Views: 407
  • 5695B576-3AFA-4EA8-AF11-A6C94C5CBF4F.jpeg
    5695B576-3AFA-4EA8-AF11-A6C94C5CBF4F.jpeg
    295.2 KB · Views: 391
  • 9817CC2F-7361-432A-B925-9A914979CF17.jpeg
    9817CC2F-7361-432A-B925-9A914979CF17.jpeg
    354 KB · Views: 411
I have ordered a second MIK adaptor plate. I think (according to my measurements) i can place it on the front rack if i use the close in adaptor holes on the MIK plate. If i get a good mount then the rest is easy peasy.

Nice! Great to that Serial 1 is workable with existing bike accessories, which is important. It is shocking that they have been so slow with their own first party offering since their harley dealers are decked out with options on top of options.

Can you post the exact MIK parts needed for a rear bag including the bag you chose?

Can you post the exact MIK parts needed for a rear bag including the bag you chose?
you only need the plate you see in my above pics. google amazon MIK. Then buy any bag that is MIK equipped. or you can buy the MIK adaptor plate and adapt any bag large enough to fit... this would include certain panniers see BASIL brand for ready to go ideas.

you only need the plate you see in my above pics. google amazon MIK. Then buy any bag that is MIK equipped. or you can buy the MIK adaptor plate and adapt any bag large enough to fit... this would include certain panniers see BASIL brand for ready to go ideas.
I ordered the Mounting Plate and, the Bontrager MIK Utility Trunk Bag which includes the MIK adaptor. I tried 2 different strap on bags and the narrowness of the rear rack made for a sloppy fit. Pretty sure this MIK solution will work and appreciate your help locating this.

Last edited:
@rudym Did you try the mik on the front rack? Did it work?
Not Rudy, but I tried it and no it will not fit on the Serial 1 front rack. Also found is a has a rattle that is very annoying. It must be at the 2 plastic connection points. Anyone experienced this and have a fix?

Thanks for the answer. Getting mine tomorrow so I will look at it closely.

Nice! Great to that Serial 1 is workable with existing bike accessories, which is important. It is shocking that they have been so slow with their own first party offering since their harley dealers are decked out with options on top of options.
I just had the same conversation with my local Harley dealer about the business loss Harley is taking by not selling Harley accessories.

Not Rudy, but I tried it and no it will not fit on the Serial 1 front rack. Also found is a has a rattle that is very annoying. It must be at the 2 plastic connection points. Anyone experienced this and have a fix?
i never put the mik adapter on the front, just the back and it's as snug as snug could be with no noise.

Back