Mid drive torque sensor

Indeed! Retirement is a blessing! Mixed but a blessing none the less! Sold 3 of my last BBSHDs today. Not sure if I'll be getting more. At least not till the new firmware problem is sorted out.
What a shame. Have you kept up with the replacement metal gear for the nylon? I’m predicting that without careful attention the damage may be significant.

I’m out of the mid drive world 7ntil the 1000 max is available. I have a TSDZ and its a love hate build. The BBS01’s will be in their 4th season, i think, in 2018. I still like those slow boats...

BBS01s are a great drive for the correct application! I have often wondered about the TSDZ, what is you experience with them? I hear they will soon have a 1000watt drive available. Maybe they will get the bugs worked out on it.
Yep, been watching the metal gear development. Your 100% correct, there is a lot of engineering that goes into gear set development and without that careful attention they will do more harm than good! Better, in my opinion, to stick to the original design and limit power to a tolerable level. I have had zero problems at 1500 watts, and while the 2850 watt ERT BBSHD is still running strong, really strong, I suspect it won't be too long before it shells out the nylon gear! It is run with a Cycle Analyst, and I have it dial back current early in the event of heat build up. Could be why it's still alive!

Excellent! I think TSDZ has poor support. One reseller rec3ntly ordered 100 motors but refuses to sell throttl3 ve4sions findin* them trouble s9me. A problem in this market. More details the next time w3 chat.

Indeed! Retirement is a blessing! Mixed but a blessing none the less! Sold 3 of my last BBSHDs today. Not sure if I'll be getting more. At least not till the new firmware problem is sorted out.
I'm new to ebikes but have sound mechanical aptitude and I'd like to do a build I have $2500 of available funds should I not go with the bbshd mid drive

I think the BBSHD is a great motor. Fits nicely in your budget.
They have had an ongoing problem where some of the motors will not throttle while the pedals are moving. PM me and I'll give you details on where to get one that has been tested before it ships to you. Then, you can rest assured it will not have any problems.

I bought my self(wife) a tongsheng tsdz2b. It's torque sensed and mid drive. Does anybody have any help with the menus on the screen? I figured out how to remove the speed limit, but there are others that I'm clueless as to what they are.
Sd 30
A16
M EUR
Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 8.35.26 PM.png

Personally I think a torque sensor, while not essential, is a significant upgrade over cadence-only, though it must be said that not all cadence-only sensors are created equal. A high quality immediate engagement cadence setup is a vast improvement over the laggy, jerky setups that are more common.

I wouldn't write off hub drives either. A strong, quality direct drive hub is a lot more versatile than you might think, especially with cooling aides like statorade, and doesn't suffer the other disadvantages of a mid-drive like single line of failure, added maintenance/noise, and wider stance.

^ Oh gawd, I'm always giving my wife crap about not shifting down and trying to start again on a high hear. Drives me nuts. After I upgraded the thing to an ebike, I keep telling her she's going to break something. I'll be replacing chains pretty frequently on it.
Interesting you'd mention this, I have same issue with people not getting it. You know what the solution is? A Yamaha motor. Bosch is terrible at starting up in high gear, but Yamaha's instant engagement seems to have solved the problem of spin-up.

Back