Medeo T10

Huckster1385

Region
Canada
Hello all,

Been 2 weeks and have ridden (150km or 93 miles). Wondering what to expect with a typical (or maybe not) break in for my Gazelle T10. Gears making a lot of noise while shifting and not very smooth. If I stop peddling, a light clunk and then again when peddling resumes. Getting really old especially on some long rides. Any thoughts on whether this is normal for such a new bike and it WILL get better?

Thanks

See this reply about your clunk noise https://electricbikereview.com/foru...imate-t10-purchase-thoughts.37242/post-325689

You may need the Bosch shim kit. Shifting noise may be shift cable adjust; check the deraileur idle wheels are vertically lined up to the freewheel gear. If not then you can use the fine adjust near the shifters to move the idlers.

You need adjustments, these will not get better by themselves. I have Ultimate T10 but I suspect that the Medeo is very similar for these issues.

Bought a Medeo T10 February 2nd. Started riding it 2 days later and so far am happy with it. Test rode the T10+ but thought the T10 was quieter and decided I did not need the speed. Adjusting the handlebars to a forward position - better. Need to swap out the seat and grips. Was accustomed to the setup on my A2B Galvani, which had a rear hub direct drive motor - more zip but hard to go slow on. Also, it cut out at 20mph and only cut back in when speed dropped to 16.7 mph. The T10 only shows whole numbers, but cuts back in once I drop below 20. Feels more like a regular bike, albeit a 50 pound one. Lol. No problems with shifting, though I would prefer a grip shift instead. Addendum: It is now August 10, 2021 - changed out the seat & grips and pedals for some I had from a previous bike. Absolutely love the bike. Only about 436 miles on it so far due to health issues, but it feels much like a regular bike the way the assist kicks in, but one with a tailwind.

Last edited:
I have a Medeo T10 with about 3300 miles on it. Took off the chain guard (you have to if your chain breaks anyway). Fitted Crank Brothers pedals, Cane Creek Seatpost, and a 20 year old Terry Fly saddle. The front headlight somehow fell apart, but that's about the only problem. On my 2nd chain and second pair of brake pads, need a third set. Coming from a racing bike, I was initially surprised at how harsh the ride was, but I'm used to it now. I would like a nicer display, and I wish it weighed about 10 pounds less. But for where it lands on the price/performance index, I think it represents good value, and I'm very happy with it.

I'm also thinking of changing the front crank from 38 to 40 teeth. I'm rarely on the big ring in the back.

Last edited:
Purchased a Medeo T10+ in March of this year. Got about 1300 miles with no issues. Tried to purchase a Ultimate T10+ but finally gave up on that model when delivery kept getting delayed. Very happy with the Medeo T10+, not sure the ultimate is worth the additional cash which I spent anyway on a Nyon display which I am very pleased with. The Nyon allows custom ride modes and displays a ton of information (cadence, heart rate, altitude, %you %motor, navigation, etc.) LBS recommended Tannus tire liners which I highly recommend (have not had one flat!). Other modifications are a redshift shock seat post (new seat - have not found a good seat) different handle bars and an adapter so I could use my Topeak bags on the rear rack. Great bike, only complaint is Bosch motor is noisy.

I agree with Steve H. That chain may also have lost a bit of tension as well or that it could also be over-lubed or under-lubed (I even get this under certain conditions where my bike has been excessively dry and hot or consistently wind-blown and wet). At 93 miles though, it sounds more like Steve H's solution. Hope that it all works out!

Back