Man I am slacking last year. Riding stats are going down.

one thing I can do is with those exerciser bands work my arms while I sit and read. my ADHD wont let me do exercises just for exercising I would get bored and it would shut become a battle. but the bangs give me something to od while reading or using he computer. this why cycling works so well for me. it gives me transportation exercise and relaxation and entertainment all in one.

I'm the slacker. Since a new 5 mile stretch bikeway destined to my work shop along side the Historic Railway. I've been using throttle too much.
Where a year ago was all dirt and mud.
Now it's all asphalted now.
I know it's repeated photos. I observed this in the making. I'm planning on putting super moto tires on my bike.
It's short cut to work. It kind of took the thrill from riding my Da Ridiculous Bike.
I'm not accustomed to riding on street tires.
Sounds like it's your own as-phalt. :D

Last edited:
IMG_3254.jpeg
IMG_3255.jpeg
IMG_3256.jpeg
IMG_3257.jpeg
IMG_3258.jpeg
IMG_3259.jpeg
well after talking to my pain management phycologist she is helping me deal with the pain in my esophagus since I cant take meds. in the process I told her I most likely had ADHD and she encourages me to get tested so at age 60 I got diagnosed with it. taking weekly group chats and it has helped. just knowing I have it has helped. well I figured out how to get my arms exercised and not have the ADHD kick in and stop me. so I have a bunch of those elastic tubes at work and I work my arms one at a time while reading my book on my iPhone. 20 or so minutes a day at work sometimes twice. then at home I work my wrists and grip with most home made tools to save money. I started with the wooden block and the dowel and a jug of water about a month ago. then bought 20 pounds of weights then I made the Round block and bought 40 pounds of weights. I can lift more on the round one than the block. now I do 15 on the block and 22.5 on the round block and 20 on the dowel. winding the weight up and down in opposite directions it takes so much effort. this the orange thing you twist and bend. I have went through three of them the orange is the firmest. then the gripper with rubber bands.
I may make some domes to help with the pinch though maybe not. I just want to be strong enough to open what I need. I doubt I would do weight lifting as it would be hard to read and I don't know if I want to spend the money on the weights and bars.

Do you have a Wmca or college gym available to you? What you've done is ingenious, but a lot of that stuff is available at community centers free of charge or of burning up brain cells...

Do you have a Wmca or college gym available to you? What you've done is ingenious, but a lot of that stuff is available at community centers free of charge or of burning up brain cells...
no that would take time I dont really have or want to spend. I can do what I do whole reading standing up and sitting down. no traveling no fees and I can design it to work with my ADHD. I can only do 20 minutes or so at a time so traveling would b a real pain.

I Understand. My solution is TaiChi but it 1) takes years to learn, and 2) doesn't do squat for upper body strength. Great for my ADHD, though.

I Understand. My solution is TaiChi but it 1) takes years to learn, and 2) doesn't do squat for upper body strength. Great for my ADHD, though.
I have a lot of meditation help. I use the calm app to help medicate and focus on various things. My hyper focus that I thought was gone has kicked in and made this much easier.

I have a lot of meditation help. I use the calm app to help medicate and focus on various things. My hyper focus that I thought was gone has kicked in and made this much easier.
Way off topic, but ADHD is supposedly what made our ancestors great hunters/warriors in the stone age. So yeah, it can be something to be proud of, I guess, but it hasn't really helped me other than with computers. Basically I don't sit much ... how about you?

Way off topic, but ADHD is supposedly what made our ancestors great hunters/warriors in the stone age. So yeah, it can be something to be proud of, I guess, but it hasn't really helped me other than with computers. Basically I don't sit much ... how about you?
my mom chose not to put me on meds. but most likely that caused me not to be able to stay in school. no I think the only good thing was hyper focus on things that interested me. but usually that interest does not last.

well I think I found the problem. I am not exercising enough so I cant exercise enough simple huh? Idealized since I started riding e bikes maybe 4 or so years ago I dont walk much, I ride everywhere. I used to do about 7 miles in a day at work and riding the bus and such. now maybe 3 miles. so instead of riding the bike to the store 1 mile round trip I walk. try to walk the dogs if we dont feel like riding. its helping. a long ways to go to be back to 30 or more miles a day but I thin kits working.

Back