mail order e bikes

I am not doubting what you are saying. I notified him as soon as I opened the box that my bike rack was damaged. He was very pleasant on the phone. He asked me to fix it with a sharpie and he would credit me $30. I accepted his offer but he has yet to credit me. My very first ride on the bike the chain snapped. He said he would pay for a LBS to repair it. I said I would repair it myself but wanted a replacement chain sent out. It snapped a second time. I fixed a second time. He has yet to send out a replacement chain. Now he just ignores my emails.

How long have you owned the bike ?

thanks everyone for all the information. In a related matter can anyone say who has the best online prices for e-bikes? Thanks Carl.

That's really too broad or a question. Best pricing really occurs from November through February for model year end sales.

I would like from others their opinion on if it is a good idea to buy an electric bike from a source that would have to ship it to me ( the nearest electric bike shop is 150 miles away) and how complicated are they for the average person to put together and adjust out of the box? Thanks. Carl
Don't buy on-line, unless you wish to risk getting one that's DOA. I get a call or email from someone who bought one on-line, asking if I will repair, trouble-shoot, or try to get their ebike going nearly every week. The worst by far, is Ancheer. How is it that people expect an ebike they only paid $600 for on Spamazon, to actually work ? Good quality ebike batteries are often $600 alone. And they expect an ebike to be built, and sold for that ? There is just no way. It won't likely be safe either.

150 miles is not that far to drive to make sure you are getting a worthwhile product for your investment. I get people at my shop who drive across a couple of states, coming to test and ride, and make sure they are getting a quality bike. Unless you are very mechanically, and electrically inclined, even if you can get assistance trouble-shooting by phone, buying on-line is likely to come back and bite you when you least expect it to. These business models trying to sell e-bike's on-line, are putting themselves and their buyers in a world of future hurt. And I don't care how well they 'pack them', there is a better than 50% chance you will get a damaged shipment when it's shipped as a single package. About the only way to minimize that risk, is buying multiple bikes that are strapped to a pallet, as dealers will usually get them. Even then, damage can occur, and that is what the dealer is there for, among other little things that aren't right with the ebikes, even when properly packaged.

Don't buy on-line, unless you wish to risk getting one that's DOA. I get a call or email from someone who bought one on-line, asking if I will repair, trouble-shoot, or try to get their ebike going nearly every week. The worst by far, is Ancheer. How is it that people expect an ebike they only paid $600 for on Spamazon, to actually work ? Good quality ebike batteries are often $600 alone. And they expect an ebike to be built, and sold for that ? There is just no way. It won't likely be safe either.

150 miles is not that far to drive to make sure you are getting a worthwhile product for your investment. I get people at my shop who drive across a couple of states, coming to test and ride, and make sure they are getting a quality bike. Unless you are very mechanically, and electrically inclined, even if you can get assistance trouble-shooting by phone, buying on-line is likely to come back and bite you when you least expect it to. These business models trying to sell e-bike's on-line, are putting themselves and their buyers in a world of future hurt. And I don't care how well they 'pack them', there is a better than 50% chance you will get a damaged shipment when it's shipped as a single package. About the only way to minimize that risk, is buying multiple bikes that are strapped to a pallet, as dealers will usually get them. Even then, damage can occur, and that is what the dealer is there for, among other little things that aren't right with the ebikes, even when properly packaged.

Buyers come from hundreds of miles away to buy from your store and then drive hundreds of miles back for service ?

Lol. Ancheer sells closer to $500 on Amazon. That said, I have no problem buying online. I intensely dislike my LBS and the 'bro' attitude. Only decent shops are an hour drive each way and that's too much PITA.

For bikes of any kind, Amazon should be a no-no. Online companies like Juiced did not get popular by chance; they offer a low cost but decent product along with good support. I bought my e-bike from a discounter because I wanted a higher end product and I did not want to pay retail. I do take a risk with regards to the motor and electronics, but it's Yamaha so it is a well known and backed system. The rest of the bike I can service myself better than anyone else.

My Biktrix bike had some minor cosmetic damage during shipment. The owner said he would credit me but didn't. The chain snapped on my very first ride. They were supposed to send me a replacement chain but haven't as of yet. So if you mail order be prepared to fix things yourself.

It usually takes 5-6 business days for a credit refund - this is actually controlled by our credit card processing company. We have also shipped a replacement chain (instead of just a replacement link) to you. It should be there in a week.
This kind of stuff usually never happens but when it does, we are happy to work with you to solve the issue. We have even paid LBS to fix issues. If you take it in and get them to call us, we can pay them directly.

I am not doubting what you are saying. I notified him as soon as I opened the box that my bike rack was damaged. He was very pleasant on the phone. He asked me to fix it with a sharpie and he would credit me $30. I accepted his offer but he has yet to credit me. My very first ride on the bike the chain snapped. He said he would pay for a LBS to repair it. I said I would repair it myself but wanted a replacement chain sent out. It snapped a second time. I fixed a second time. He has yet to send out a replacement chain. Now he just ignores my emails.

Sorry you felt ignored! We have ordered a chain for you already. It should be there next week!

C'mon , it was only three weeks and he took care of it. It's always something , when you are running a small business.

The timing of the problem resolution is just accidental with the postings on this forum?

Back