Magicycle Cruiser Pre Review

Ennovation

Region
USA

What is happening, amigos? Today we're taking a sneak peek at the upcoming Cruiser from Magicycle. We're going to look at the specs, learn a little bit about the company and give our first impression on this bike. Please note we have not physically reviewed this bike, but Magicycle asked us to take a look at the specs while we wait for our review unit to arrive.

Magicycle Official Site - https://www.magicyclebike.com/

magicycle review electric bike review ebike review e-bike review cruiser step through thru step-thru pre-sale sale price cheap deal fattire 52 volt 750 watt ennovation

Last edited:
The Magicycle specs and advertising materials seem interesting, but their warranty concerns me. If you read the fine print, the two-year warranty only covers the frame and prorated battery. It excludes the motor, controller, derailleur, operator display, brakes, cabling, etc. Other manufacturers (Rad, Aventon, Bee Cool, etc.) warranty these additional components and more. Magicycle only covers these other components for the 14 day trial period after receipt. I confirmed this is the case with Magicycle. Does this lack of a more comprehensive warranty in line with competitors give anyone else pause? What are the most likely components to fail due to manufacturing defects within the first two years?

Why not submit one to this site for review? It is Electric Bike Review and what provides this site for free but not an avenue for free advertising/reviews of your Alibaba container load eBike shaped objects with stingy warranties.

but they are usually name brand these are generic. thats in the 900.00 bike range batteries.
OK so the next question would be is a name brand battery better than a generic one or just more expensive? I suppose that varies battery to battery and only time can answer that question. If the battery they use has a 2 year warranty is that better or worse than the warranties on name brand batteries?

OK so the next question would be is a name brand battery better than a generic one or just more expensive? I suppose that varies battery to battery and only time can answer that question. If the battery they use has a 2 year warranty is that better or worse than the warranties on name brand batteries?
usually they are more reliable. you always take a chance with generic batteries. is a cost cutting thing.

OK so the next question would be is a name brand battery better than a generic one or just more expensive?
Generic are a coin toss. That said several sources sell or sold generic packs. Those low ball prices like UPP are a result of generic batteries, cheap nickel-coated steel connections not pure nickel or nickel-coated copper, and cheap featureless BMS. Anyone, especially these direct-to-consumer eBike sellers can say anything. More often than not getting that warranty to pay off is impossible. Been there, done that. The shop worked with sold UPP generic packs, with full disclosure. The shop ate the cost of warranty replacement and UPP did nothing for the shop. When a generic pack fire did serious damage to a young couple's house, guess whose insurance had to payout?

BMZ battery and charger combo came standard on my ebike. 19 months I've had it, I plug it into my solar powered outlet with a power adapter with breaker. I even pressure washer my battery.

It's still working getting 35 miles out of it on and off road riding.
That's good. The battery&charger that came with my Rad Rover is 23 months old and working like new. No idea what make it is. Just says Rad on it.

Back