M620/G510 Installation instructions

markmoddy

Hello All

I am fitting a Bafang G510/M620 to a Hardtail bike.

Would someone PLEASE send me a link for the fitting/installation instructions.

Thanks

Mark

You're looking for info regarding welding the mounting bracket used on those motors? If so, you're pretty much on your own to my knowledge.

Thought being here, if you are qualified to cut the required angles on a bike frame, then do the actual welding, you are likely going to be skilled enough to figure out the correct offset to get the chain line correct.

There are pre-welded frames available if you do some digging....

Personally, I would just go BBSHD. Similar power, and no cutting complex angles in tubing or welding involved....

You're looking for info regarding welding the mounting bracket used on those motors? If so, you're pretty much on your own to my knowledge.

Thought being here, if you are qualified to cut the required angles on a bike frame, then do the actual welding, you are likely going to be skilled enough to figure out the correct offset to get the chain line correct.

There are pre-welded frames available if you do some digging....

Personally, I would just go BBSHD. Similar power, and no cutting complex angles in tubing or welding involved....
Just a clarification

I am chasing a wiring diagram for installing a G510/M620 onto a Bafang specific bike frame.

Can anyone send me the details ?

Cheers

Mark

Just on the off chance, are you anywhere near a dealer that sells G510 bikes? It would be handy to look at a example. I had one in my hands this last week and could have just photographed the details.

Attachments

• Sondors21LS02.JPG
    Sondors21LS02.JPG
    364.4 KB · Views: 504
Have you run into a show stopper on your install?

Have you run into a show stopper on your install?
Thanks for the reply

I have just started on the install.
I have the motor kit and the suitable HT bike frame (that has the proper M620 mounting bracket)

The motor was a very tight fit into the mounting girdle.
I had to removed the paint from the three mounting bolts.
And also filed away some burrs in the frame holes, and gave the outer hole edges a slight shamfer.
Then applied copper grease.
The motor now fits into the frame.

The next quest to is figure out the wiring.
Which wires hook up to what.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Mark,
I found a lot of information just googling "bafang ultra wiring diagram" or "bafang BBSHD wiring diagram". Several of those should have all the detail you might need.

In addition to that info, I would note that there are 2 different main harnesses. There's a 5 into 1 main cable that includes a place to plug in a headlight (as well as the brakes/display/throttle), and a 4 into 1 that does not. I KNOW the Ultra is able to control power to it's headlight using the "up" button. What I DON'T know, is if the older BBSxx motors are able to do this. The Ultra is able to use either harness. You don't see this mentioned anywhere I've seen. -Al

Mark,
I found a lot of information just googling "bafang ultra wiring diagram" or "bafang BBSHD wiring diagram". Several of those should have all the detail you might need.

In addition to that info, I would note that there are 2 different main harnesses. There's a 5 into 1 main cable that includes a place to plug in a headlight (as well as the brakes/display/throttle), and a 4 into 1 that does not. I KNOW the Ultra is able to control power to it's headlight using the "up" button. What I DON'T know, is if the older BBSxx motors are able to do this. The Ultra is able to use either harness. You don't see this mentioned anywhere I've seen. -Al
Thanks very much for the details.

One other thing to mention is the available wattage for the front/rear lights coming directly from the motor wiring is extremely low. It won’t power most commonly available lights that have any amount of lumens. I’ve heard you can run into issues if you exceed the available wattage and could damage the motor.

I’m building up a Bafang Ultra at the moment and am going to wire the lights directly to the battery and use one of these lights that can run directly off of battery voltage.

Back