M2S ebikes

I have recently purchased 3 bikes from m2s bikes @ $2000 each. I have had problems with each one. One of the biggest problems is that they either are very slow to respond to calls and emails or they don't respond at all. I should have been more suspicious when I found out that the bikes are made in China. First, all three wouldn't shift without the derailleur being adjusted. Turns out, most bike shops won't work on them, either because I didn't buy the bike there, or they have had too many problems with the poor quality of the Chinese bikes. On the second bike, it was missing a shock bushing that I did not notice. Now there is a problem with the wheel because the shock moved from side to side. I have now been waiting 60 days for them to send repair parts. On the third bike, just the other day, the bolt that holds the seat on broke. Luckily no one was badly injured. If you are considering one of these bikes. Don't.

Attachments

• IMAG0334.jpg
    IMAG0334.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 695
Ouch, it's really rough to have all those issues, times 3. It can really take the fun out of ownership. Especially when you start to loose confidence. You won't find many bikes that don't have some Chinese content, but price point of the components can make a difference. I purchased a really cheap bike for my first bike. The redeeming factor for that purchase was a huge Facebook owner's page support. Company support was nearly non existent in those days, but the other owners helped with sourcing replacement parts. Many on-line bike sellers just don't have the staff, and being a very young company like M2S doesn't help. Sorry, I am not a good enough bike mechanic to help with parts, good luck!

M2S bikes is essentially a one man operation. I had no idea. If he's receiving or shipping bikes, he can't answer the phone. While trying to resolve one of the many problems that I have had, he told me that he was too busy shipping out bikes. At least, for now, they're selling well.
When the seat broke off the M2S Kush that my friend was riding, the seat post could have gone up his 'you know what' or torn off his 'you know whats'.
If he would have fallen in traffic, he would have been killed. They promote the bikes as just as well made, but save money by cutting out the middleman. That is not all that they have cut out.

Thank you for posting, you confirmed what I suspected and will not let the price point entice me into making a mistake.

Thank you for posting, you confirmed what I suspected and will not let the price point entice me into making a mistake.

This is an incredibly helpful site. I was getting ready to purchase two M2S Bikes, and like others here, was wondering about the lack of response from M2S, constantly full voice mailbox, etc. I think the company may have been well received early on, but without customer support, the price point matters little, as idahoskiguy points out. Particularly when you can't get help from them pre-sales, it does not look good for after purchase support.

This (EBR) is the only site where I have been able to find a balance for the 100% glowing reviews published on the M2S site. Especially with the liabilty matters mentioned by J Peterson, it looks like it will be wise to pass as well. Pity.

I also notice there is no refund/return published on M2S, though it is possible I missed it. Was puzzled by that at first. Makes sense now.

I have recently purchased 3 bikes from m2s bikes @ $2000 each. I have had problems with each one. One of the biggest problems is that they either are very slow to respond to calls and emails or they don't respond at all. I should have been more suspicious when I found out that the bikes are made in China. First, all three wouldn't shift without the derailleur being adjusted. Turns out, most bike shops won't work on them, either because I didn't buy the bike there, or they have had too many problems with the poor quality of the Chinese bikes. On the second bike, it was missing a shock bushing that I did not notice. Now there is a problem with the wheel because the shock moved from side to side. I have now been waiting 60 days for them to send repair parts. On the third bike, just the other day, the bolt that holds the seat on broke. Luckily no one was badly injured. If you are considering one of these bikes. Don't.

Hi J. Hoping to get an update a year later. Obviously M2S is still in business and they seem to have maintained a decent reputation online. Did they ever resolve those issues you had? What ended up happening?

@The duke I doubt you will get a reply. If you click on a person's name you can see the last time they were online. J has not been around since Mar. 13, 2018 on this forum

Just FYI in regards to customer service, I had a response from Eric earlier this morning to an email I sent yesterday. Yes, it is the weekend and yes, it is Sunday morning. A little patience goes a long way, they have been pretty responsive since I placed an order a month ago. I hope they have tightened up their quality control at the factory, this is my first e-bike and I don't have a budget to replace it for a while if it fails. Fingers crossed...

Last edited:
Back