Low key ebikes (ebikes that don't look like ebikes)

wetdog2

I'm in the market for an ebike that doesn't scream hi tech ebike, i.e. no visible battery, small motor, conventional frame construction, etc. This is strictly for commuting and tooling around town.

So far, there's the Faraday Cortland, which is out of my budget range, and the Vanmoof Electified S, which hasn't come out yet (I suppose neither has the Cortland). I'm also intrigued by the as-yet-to-be-released Ampler bikes. The Freygeist Classic is way too much for me.

Are the others out there that I've missed? Given the price, the Juiced Cross Current is probably at the top of my list right now, but it does have a visible battery. I don't know why that's a big sticking point for me, but it is.

Forgive me if there is a thread devoted to this already.

I'm in the market for an ebike that doesn't scream hi tech ebike, i.e. no visible battery, small motor, conventional frame construction, etc. This is strictly for commuting and tooling around town.

So far, there's the Faraday Cortland, which is out of my budget range, and the Vanmoof Electified S, which hasn't come out yet (I suppose neither has the Cortland). I'm also intrigued by the as-yet-to-be-released Ampler bikes. The Freygeist Classic is way too much for me.

Are the others out there that I've missed? Given the price, the Juiced Cross Current is probably at the top of my list right now, but it does have a visible battery. I don't know why that's a big sticking point for me, but it is.

Forgive me if there is a thread devoted to this already.

I'm picking this up at the end of the week - iZip Zuma and I don't think it looks like an e-bike.

download.jpg

I'm picking this up at the end of the week - iZip Zuma and I don't think it looks like an e-bike.

View attachment 6119
You'll love that bike! I have a friend, a young and fit, 40-something grandmother that hauls her two grand babies around in a trailer with a Zuma. The bike is rock solid and put together with great components and a comfortable ride position. It's pretty stealth too, rarely does anyone notice it's an ebike. Nice color as well.

Congratulations and enjoy!

You'll love that bike! I have a friend, a young and fit, 40-something grandmother that hauls her two grand babies around in a trailer with a Zuma. The bike is rock solid and put together with great components and a comfortable ride position. It's pretty stealth too, rarely does anyone notice it's an ebike. Nice color as well.

Congratulations and enjoy!

Got it home today

20160527_120143.jpg

Add Pedego Ridge Rider to the list. I think in the next year or two, batteries integrated in the down tube will be the norm.

Pretty much any of the Easy Motion bikes would pass as a 'normal' looking bike; however, that Izip Zuma is one of the most comfortable riding bikes out there, good hill climber. Any ebike with a hub motor in the rear and mid mounted battery is going to handle better and feel more natural. Probably the most popular model that we've sold and a little less expensive than a comparable Pedego model.

Back