Loving the Creo Expert SL I got for my wife

mikemcm

I bought a Creo Expert SL for my wife. We tend to ride together 1-2x a week. We have about 25-30% difference in speed between us. I also ride >4k km's a season while she will be around 2k. So our rides together can be shorter than I like, too long for her, too slow for me, too fast for her.
The creo has been perfect for both of us. She has the assist levels set at 1. 25/25 2. 35/35 3. 50/50 which seems to be working out well. Our first ride was 77km/300m elevation and she used 102 wh 22% support level, the last was 65km/800 109wh 28% support. I think the battery use was 23% on the first ride and 33% on the second. She's 5'5" and rides the small size creo, so I'm pretty happy with the battery level. She is now really enjoying our rides, on the 15% grade I heard what sounded like a swarm of angry hornets behind me. She had put it in turbo mode and zipped past me laughing away. Also at the end of our 77 ride she was humming along to herself rather than cursing me.
I love that she now will pull for certain sections and I can rest for a bit and also when we need to pass some riders she can put it in turbo and I can draft behind. I swapped out the 28's that came with the bike and put on Rene Herse 38's Barlow Pass. She had to raise the future shock up a couple of spacers to get the geometry to match her diverge. It's been great in that she now can enjoy the longer rides while also still feel like she's getting a workout. Like the literature says, "it's you but faster" 20200626_000608152_iOS.jpg20200626_000630047_iOS.jpg

I bought a Creo Expert SL for my wife. We tend to ride together 1-2x a week. We have about 25-30% difference in speed between us. I also ride >4k km's a season while she will be around 2k. So our rides together can be shorter than I like, too long for her, too slow for me, too fast for her.
The creo has been perfect for both of us. She has the assist levels set at 1. 25/25 2. 35/35 3. 50/50 which seems to be working out well. Our first ride was 77km/300m elevation and she used 102 wh 22% support level, the last was 65km/800 109wh 28% support. I think the battery use was 23% on the first ride and 33% on the second. She's 5'5" and rides the small size creo, so I'm pretty happy with the battery level. She is now really enjoying our rides, on the 15% grade I heard what sounded like a swarm of angry hornets behind me. She had put it in turbo mode and zipped past me laughing away. Also at the end of our 77 ride she was humming along to herself rather than cursing me.
I love that she now will pull for certain sections and I can rest for a bit and also when we need to pass some riders she can put it in turbo and I can draft behind. I swapped out the 28's that came with the bike and put on Rene Herse 38's Barlow Pass. She had to raise the future shock up a couple of spacers to get the geometry to match her diverge. It's been great in that she now can enjoy the longer rides while also still feel like she's getting a workout. Like the literature says, "it's you but faster"View attachment 56715View attachment 56714
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your (your wife's) new bike!

Can you explain what you mean by "I swapped out the 28's that came with the bike and put on Rene Herse 38's Barlow Pass"? What are you talking about? Tires? Something else?

Ottawa's a real bicycle friendly area to ride... plus you've got the Gatineau Hills for some real fun. Lucky you!

Thanks David! That's a brand I'd never heard of before. So I really didn't know what the OP was referring to.

The website description sounds good (like almost all product descriptions on company websites). I wonder if those tires, or the Snoqualmie Pass model, might make a good tire for my Giant Explore E+1. 90% pavement and 10% fine gravel through a nature park trail for my commute. I'd be looking at running tubeless with the 700C x 44 size.

Last edited:
Back