Looking for upright bike with wide tires

Do you live near any bike stores so you can try ebikes? In terms of something looking like an ebike, in most folks' experience police are not out in force trying to keep ebikes off of trails, and if you stick to appropriate riding speeds that are safe on mixed-use trails, no one should be chasing you down.

You might like a hub drive bike for the easy maintenance. I have 3,000 miles on my hub drive bike and have just needed to replace brake pads and fix flats and lube the chain from time to time. If I had a mid-drive bike, the drive part would have needed quite a bit of maintenance by now, from what I understand.

How about a Pedego Ridge Rider or Trail Tracker? If you live near a dealer, the bikes are easy to try, they have a 2 year warranty, and the dealer is great about fixing stuff and being helpful. These bikes also have a lot of battery capacity for those long rides.

Feel free to let us know what ebikes you decide to try and how you like them!

(Full disclosure on Pedego: I am merely a happy customer--I have no financial or personal/family connection to the company. I am just sharing what I am familiar with, as will other forum members. Happy Shopping!)

How about a Pedego Ridge Rider or Trail Tracker? If you live near a dealer, the bikes are easy to try, they have a 2 year warranty, and the dealer is great about fixing stuff and being helpful. These bikes also have a lot of battery capacity for those long rides.
I’m a Pedego dealer. FYI, the Ridge Rider has a standard MTB riding position, but we have added stem risers, adjustable stems, and/or street bars for customers to provide a more upright riding position. The Trail Tracker fat tire bike is available in a Gorilla Edition which has beach cruiser style bars that sweep back toward the rider to keep you upright. Similar mods can be made to most other brands, too.

If you will be using pannier bags, don't rule out ebikes with a rack mounted battery. An ebike with a rack battery and a well thought out pannier installation can often look more like a conventional bike than one with the battery integrated into the frame.

Back