Looking for replacement to Kilimanjaro Hitch Mounted E-Bike Carrier

zawaprz

Region
USA
Hy guys,
10-3-24 came a letter for the manufacturer of this Kilimanjaro Hitch rack stating it's on recall. Using it puts me in danger of a car crash—losing a rack or e-bike while driving!! I loved it as it has a ramp and small wheels underneath, so for my bad wrist, it was like, greatest of all, an effortless experience puting a rack on a car or e-bike on it! Also, the price of $284 was unbeatable. The season in Cleveland's, OH, area is about to end, so have some time to research (over winter time) for the replacement, unless meanwhile Costco will bring it back fixed. Let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

What's the deal with the recall? Return for a full refund, or are they going to fix or provide you with a fix?

TT
Return for the full refund (it'd be anyways as it is through Costco). They don't offer (at this point at least ) "the fix". I'll probably wait few weeks before returning it as it's but eird how suddenly "everything is bad" with it... But not going to use it anymore, for sure. The season is nearly gone anyways. There is nearly replica of it on Amazon, but for $100+, Thule for nearly twice price!

Back