Looking for my perfect e-bike spec

0grayscale1

After having owned a hub-drive single speed throttle e-bike for a couple of years, I have figured out what my ideal e-bike build would be and I would love specific product suggestions that meet this criteria. I ride my bike daily for exercise, so reliability and ease of maintenance are important to me.

Available for US purchase
Waterproof - can be ridden in the rain
Mid-drive
Throttle
Max-speed 25-28 mph (faster is ok)
Belt-drive (however, would consider chain if all the other boxes are checked)
Single speed or sealed-hub transmission or Enviolo
NOT cruiser style handlebars. Prefer flat.

As for budget, I am leaving that open for now as I don't want to exclude any perfect options.

Suggestions? (and thank you)

Last edited:
That speed and throttle you're not going to find any of the major brands.

Not sure if either of the Luna bikes (X2, z-1) have throttle, or maybe an optional add-on?

Frey bikes would be a good option too.

I don't think you're going to find anything with a sealed hub or single speed - would need to be a custom job - others might know of something though!

You just don't want cruiser style handlebars, or not a cruiser style bike period? Handlebars are an easy swap.

We have built a few prototypes that match the requirements of OP exactly.
I am sharing this to gain bit more insight from the consumer standpoint to understand how we could build great products.
I shared the following blurb in another thread.
-------------------------------------------

Yes, totally! and we have a few prototypes like that and we will further refine this.
750W Mid-drive ✅
Torque sensor - ✅
Top speed of 28mph - ✅
Large 960Whr battery ✅
Throttle ✅
AIR suspension ✅
powerful hydraulic brakes ✅
Gates belt drive ✅
Enviolo Heavy Duty CVT hub ✅
Integrated lights, fenders, and racks ✅
27.5" wheels with Schwalbe Super Moto-X tires ✅
Cost $3999 USD ✅
UL - certification of batteries. We are working on that. Offering high-quality batteries (warrantied for 4 years) is important.
We have a few prototypes, and if there is enough interest, we will bring this to the market.

We think a lot about offering a long lifetime/warranty on motors, batteries, and every other component. It is for this reason our flagship model will be Bosch-based. Currently, Bosch has 1000+ dealers across the nation. Excellent quality when it comes to motors and electronics and so are the service and longer parts availability. Building a bike that OP is requesting is not hard but having a long-term plan for support and warranty takes lots of meticulous work from the OEM. I know many companies are selling Bafang M620 motor-equipped bikes for $4K or $5K.
I am curious to hear some knowledgeable comments from readers of this forum on the bike spec highlighted by OP and shown below.

1661876628474.png

Last edited:
We have built a few prototypes that match the requirements of OP exactly.
I am sharing this to gain bit more insight from the consumer standpoint to understand how we could build great products.
I shared the following blurb in another thread.
-------------------------------------------

Yes, totally! and we have a few prototypes like that and we will further refine this.
750W Mid-drive ✅
Torque sensor - ✅
Top speed of 28mph - ✅
Large 960Whr battery ✅
Throttle ✅
AIR suspension ✅
powerful hydraulic brakes ✅
Gates belt drive ✅
Enviolo Heavy Duty CVT hub ✅
Integrated lights, fenders, and racks ✅
27.5" wheels with Schwalbe Super Moto-X tires ✅
Cost $3999 USD ✅
UL - certification of batteries. We are working on that. Offering high-quality batteries (warrantied for 4 years) is important.
We have a few prototypes, and if there is enough interest, we will bring this to the market.

We think a lot about offering a long lifetime/warranty on motors, batteries, and every other component. It is for this reason our flagship model will be Bosch-based. Currently, Bosch has 1000+ dealers across the nation. Excellent quality when it comes to motors and electronics and so are the service and longer parts availability. Building a bike that OP is requesting is not hard but having a long-term plan for support and warranty takes lots of meticulous work from the OEM. I know many companies are selling Bafang M620 motor-equipped bikes for $4K or $5K.
I am curious to hear some knowledgeable comments from readers of this forum on the bike spec highlighted by OP and shown below.

View attachment 133754

Nice!

Happy to see things going well Ravi - it has been awhile!

The Evelo Atlas will check those boxes - with a production bike. Should be in stock, but maybe not for long.

The Evelo Atlas will check those boxes - with a production bike.

That might actually be exactly what I am looking for. Shame about the Presta valves...lol

Thank you!!

That might actually be exactly what I am looking for. Shame about the Presta valves...lol

Thank you!!
My bike doesn't have them any longer. They were swapped for schraeder valves when it came out of the box. Only takes a minute to drill that hole out to the right size.....

Just wanted to circle back to this thread and say that I picked up an Evelo Atlas and it was exactly what I was looking for.

Also, the bike is much better looking in person than in photos, especially once you swap in straight bars.

Back