Looking for my First Ebike!

I looked back at the Juiced bikes. I am able to extend myself a bit more so the Crosscurrent S2 is in consideration (~1800 with coupon and bike rack). If I really extend the new Crosscurrent X (2400 with coupon) looks really nice but that is wallet large stretch and would have to be a class above.

Rize 2020 vs Aventon Level vs Juiced

the Surface 604 colt is neat too but may be more $ for a 50nM motor compared to Rize 65nM motor at lesser price

decisions are tough! I am not sure how to separate these

Last edited:
So, looking more if I remove the Cadence option then Aventon goes away. More and more I like the torque sensing.

That leaves
Rize 2020 vs Juiced Crosscurrent S2 vs Ride1up Lmtd

the Rise1Up does have a 750w 100Nm motor. Pretty damn nice. It is going to take a while to get it though.
The Rize is a 500W 65Nm motor.
Juiced Crosscurrent 52v battery, 750watt motor ?Nm

Anything standing out here? I've gone into the details of these things and it's starting to blur

and to make it harder I am considering the juiced crosscurrent x. Juiced was recommended earlier in this thread and at that time I didn't think I could stretch it and wanted to stay closer to 1500. After some hard looks at my finances I think I may be able to really stretch it for the X. Certainly for the other 3 options.

Last edited:
Have you looked at any mid-drive models? I would check out the deals available at CL and BD before you commit.
You should be able to find a number of bikes with brand name motors from Bosch, Brose, Shimano and Yamaha.

Have you looked at any mid-drive models? I would check out the deals available at CL and BD before you commit.
You should be able to find a number of bikes with brand name motors from Bosch, Brose, Shimano and Yamaha.

He wants throttle, so all those motors are off the table.

...Anything standing out here?
The CrossCurrent is immediately available - you could be riding it next week?

The other 2 ???

I would not be worried about the CrossCurrent's torque - It is a geared motor, and Juiced is not known for making under-powered bikes.

I preordered a Ride1up LMT’D. It’s a class 3 buuuut I want to commute with this and the best route has a bike route (san diego, ca) that technically only allows for class 1 and 2.

pretty annoying as by definition it is a class 2 when using the throttle but it’s a class 3 because it can go to 28 on pedal assist instead of 20mph.

so, how often are tickets actually given? If I keep it under/at 20mph (which if I use the throttle will happen) then would anyone notice?

road bikes surely go faster at times.

Should I cancel my preorder and get a class 2 instead?

Need some help

YMMV and I'm not a lawyer nor familiar with enforcement in your area, BUT...

I believe that the general consensus is that a bike rider's actions are more likely to attract attention and get one into trouble than the classification of their e-bike. Plus I'm not certain that bike trail classification enforcement is a big priority anywhere.

If it were me personally I would stick with your original purchase. Ride smartly, ride sanely, ride politely, and if the bike comes with a Class 3 sticker, remove it.

Last edited:
Have you thought about purchasing a Blix Aveny? I own one and love mine. Just a thought. Good luck!

Back