Looking for my first E-Bike

ymarty

I have been researching E-bike and want to keep my budget around the 1500 mark. I have come down to 2 bikes that seem to have majority of want I was looking for.

-X-Treme Catalina 48 Volt Electric Step-Through Beach Cruiser Bicycle
https://www.ebikejoy.com/products/e...sMuVlDXfHJLwMTKsc8ojlqrGcfJlztVRoCPSwQAvD_BwE

and

-E-Joe Gadis 48V 500W Step-through Electric Bike
https://ejoebike.net/product/gadis/

Both have the same size battery, thumb throttle and pretty much the same look and feel. I have seen an old review on the E-Joe but cant find much on the Catlina. Does anyone have information on these bikes that they can share? I am also open to suggestions on other bikes.

For me, this is more for pleasure and shopping. In the last year, I have dropped 125lbs and changed jobs where I work from home full time. I live in Portland OR and most everything I need is within 2 miles of the house. I figured why a drive a car when I can use a bike. There are a few hills and need to make sure I can make it up a hill with couple bags of groceries.

Many Thanks

On the EBR home page there is not a current review of a similar E-Joe model since 2016. I would suspect there have been a few refinements in the past couple of years.

A good item to research is "How is their customer service?" I like the fact it has the throttle option. I would prefer a 750w hub motor over the 500w, but that is my personal prference. I like more power for the hilly area we live in.

There are quite a few bike in that price range with similar model list on EBR home page reviews. I would make sure you do your homework.

Just a side note, I just purchase a Rad Power Bike and I am very happy in the first couple of weeks of ownership.

Good luck on your quest.

I know someone who has a rad and he really likes it. It is his daily commuter. It was his RadCity that made up my mind that an E-bike would be a better fit for me. I like the RadCity except for me, I need the step-through model. Its just not as aesthetically pleasing as the men's version I just dont like where the battery is located. The girly side wants style along with functionality :)

Back