Looking for Juiced CCS2-like bike for my small wife

neek

Hi, I bought a Juiced CrossCurrent S2 last Spring and I love it. It's heavy, but otherwise, nearly perfect for my needs. I'm now looking to get an ebike for my wife and the options seem slim, for a woman who's 5'4" and only about 108lbs so the bike can't be too heavy. Some things I'd really like include a torque sensor, class 3, and it should look roughly like a mountain/hybrid bike (not some cute-but-weird city style bike.

I'm looking for either suggestions of other options, or someone to convince me that a torque sensor is too high end and I should just get her a cadence sensor since they would work nearly as well.

Features I care about :
  • Price between $1500-$2100. If I buy from a local shop I'd pay an extra $200-$300 but not much beyond that
  • Torque sensor
  • Class 3
  • Hydraulic brakes are nice to have but not critical
  • Needs to fit her petite build. She has a 29" inseam
  • Mid-drive is great but probably not critical
  • Would like a 7-speed (or more is ok)
  • Bonus points for weighing < 50lbs
I've looked at a bunch of bikes:
  • Propella - pretty, but the battery seems too bolt-on, and it appears to use a cadence sensor
  • Rad Power RadMission - Only single speed and uses a cadence sensor
  • Ride1Up 700 - Cadence sensor. Quality might be an issue, based on reviews of Ride1Up I've seen online
  • Ride1Up LMT'D - Unsure about quality but otherwise looks pretty good
  • Juiced - only the RipCurrent looks like it'd fit and that's a bit too manly for her
  • Pedego - A little underpowered? Not sure what kind of sensor they use. Looks a bit too much like a beach bike but it's a possible choice
  • Electric Bike Co Model C - looks too much like a kid's BMX bike for my wife
  • Hilltopper - Looks nice but out of stock and unsure it'll fit her
  • Espin Flow - Looks nice but uses a cadence sensor
  • MTB Elite Adventure - Looks like the best choice so far but out of stock in sizes for her. Unsure when it comes back in stock
  • Zen Shakti - Looks like a fantastic potential option. Not available until at least Q4 2021
  • Biktrix Stunner X - Cadence sensor, and might be a bit heavy, but looks nice for some use cases
Any suggestions are very welcome. Thanks!

Edit 1: Added the Zen Shakti to the list
Edit 2: Added links for all bikes
Edit 3: Added Biktrix Stunner X
Edit 4: Clarified timing of Zen Shakti

Last edited:
The Zen shakti model in small frame would suit her pretty well.

The only issue is that it won’t be available for almost 6 months given the supply chain chaos in Taiwan.

specialized may have some small frames in stock in certain states.

Last edited:
The Zen shakti model in small frame would suit her pretty well.

The only issue is that it won’t be available for almost 6 months given the supply chain chaos in Taiwan.

specialized may some small frames in stock certain states.

The bike looks great but I'm confused. On the web site it shows as $3799. Am I missing something? I went to https://zenebikes.com/product/zen-ninja/

The bike looks great but I'm confused. On the web site it shows as $3799. Am I missing something? I went to https://zenebikes.com/product/zen-ninja/

We are in the process of hiring a new webpage developer team.
Because this model won't be available for some time, the webpage is working like a placeholder but the bike will be priced at $1990 when it goes on sale.

Biktrix Stunner X might be an option. Really wish that the Zen Shakti was going to be available in the next few months!!
Thanks for the pointer! This looks like a great trail bike, though probably heavy for my wife, and it uses a cadence sensor. I'll add it to the list above though

Update: The Zen Shakti looks fantastic, but it won't ship until next year, and could be even later for the step-thru frame. I ordered the Ride1Up LMT'D today for my wife.

Hi, I bought a Juiced CrossCurrent S2 last Spring and I love it. It's heavy, but otherwise, nearly perfect for my needs. I'm now looking to get an ebike for my wife and the options seem slim, for a woman who's 5'4" and only about 108lbs so the bike can't be too heavy. Some things I'd really like include a torque sensor, class 3, and it should look roughly like a mountain/hybrid bike (not some cute-but-weird city style bike.

I'm looking for either suggestions of other options, or someone to convince me that a torque sensor is too high end and I should just get her a cadence sensor since they would work nearly as well.

Features I care about :
  • Price between $1500-$2100. If I buy from a local shop I'd pay an extra $200-$300 but not much beyond that
  • Torque sensor
  • Class 3
  • Propella - pretty, but the battery seems too bolt-on, and it appears to use a cadence sensor
  • Ride1Up 700 - Cadence sensor. Quality might be an issue, based on reviews of Ride1Up I've seen online
  • Juiced - only the RipCurrent looks like it'd fit and that's a bit too manly for her
  • Pedego - A little underpowered? Not sure what kind of sensor they use. Looks a bit too much like a beach bike but it's a possible choice
  • MTB Elite Adventure - Looks like the best choice so far but out of stock in sizes for her. Unsure when it comes back in stock
  • Zen Shakti - Looks like a fantastic potential option. Not available until at least Q4 2021
  • Biktrix Stunner X - Cadence sensor, and might be a bit heavy, but looks nice for some use cases

Features I care about :
  • Torque sensor
  • Class 3

Must be Class 3 -- you want up to 28 mph? Otherwise, I'd suggest a Tern Vektron or Tern HSD. May not have the looks you want, though.

Thank you, @NancyL, but we ended up getting the Ride1Up LMT'D and so far, it's a great bike. It's also about $1000 less expensive than the two you suggested.

Thank you, @NancyL, but we ended up getting the Ride1Up LMT'D and so far, it's a great bike. It's also about $1000 less expensive than the two you suggested.
Curious how she liked the bike, I am about her size and height and am having a hard time finding a bike that is suitable, pedego is way too heavy I think the battery in the back just throws the balance off, I definately need a throttle as I don't have the power to peddle up the hills ( neuro issues) but love to ride my regular bike but am looking forward to the help of an e-bike, anyone on here have any success with surface rook 604's as well?

Back