Looking for input on which bike for a 30 mile commute

If reliability is of any concern then you may want to shy away from a mid-drive for a commuter. Don't get me wrong, I love a good mid drive, but I am not a fan of the extra wear and tear the motor puts on your drive train. For a serious commuter I would look for a good hub drive with center frame mount battery. Even with a rear mount on the battery I think its a better fit for commuting than a mid drive.

If it was me, I would heed Alaskans advice about the situational awareness benefits of being more upright. It's a different world when you are not bent over.

I love a good mid drive, but I am not a fan of the extra wear and tear the motor puts on your drive train
When I was first shopping I was looking "mid drive" and the dealer had one, but recommended hub drive for reduced wear-and-tear. I'm happy with my bike, but was not a "road biker" of any stripe before ebiking (I road a conventional hybrid with an upright ride, just for light riding around the neighborhood), so didn't have the expectations of the "natural" feel that some seek.

You are going to be putting on a ton of miles (awesome!), so are you really sure you want a mid-drive?

Back