Looking for E Mountain Bike recommendations.

cstmichael

Region
Canada
I have a Voltbike Yukon 750. I am comfortable with it's riding position (15" reach), as I have neck issues. I'm looking for a new bike for trail riding and single track on a farm. My criteria is as follows: Reach max of 19", weigh no more than 60lbs, at least 120nm of torque, 1000w mid drive, integrated battery, have at least 840WH of battery life (i.e 48V 17.5Ah). They must ship to Canada. I've been looking and it's hard to find one that checks all the boxes. My budget is $5000 CA.

The only one that ticks all the tech boxes that I can think of is outside your budget a bit, which is the Watt Wagon Hydra, but it's $4,800 US for the base model.

If you DO find something else that ticks them all and is sub $5000 CA let me know. I've been tempted to get the Hydra though I have zero practical use for it (not to mention no space to store it in my condo). N+1 is not a myth. :)

Ah I know of some decent Gazelle e-bikes that could make the cut.

With some tire modifications the T10+ HMB is pretty good, hard-tail.
T10 HMB is another great option. I have ridden the T10+ and it can handle off-road well.

Both are under budget for you so you could have some cash to spare for modifications.

Ah I know of some decent Gazelle e-bikes that could make the cut.

With some tire modifications the T10+ HMB is pretty good, hard-tail.
T10 HMB is another great option. I have ridden the T10+ and it can handle off-road well.

Both are under budget for you so you could have some cash to spare for modifications.
Gazelle e-bikes are nice, but I think the OP is looking for something along the lines of a Bafang M600 or M620 mid-drive, with the 120nm and 1000w minimum.

You want a big battery (17.5ah+) but require the bike to weigh under 60 lbs and cost no more than $5k... you are going to have to give up something on that wish list. That battery size will kick the weight up. And the price for a bike that will get you to your weight+battery goals is going to be more than $5k. The 120Nm requirement means you have to be running a Bafang motor which further limits your options.

Also I don't think people realize 5000 Canadian dollars equals 4107 US dollars.

You can't get what you want with such a low budget.

Last edited:
Foregoing the 1000W mid drive, I thought I found the right bike in the F5 Trail by FLX, but they don't ship to Canada.

I thought flx did ship to Canada. Their shipping page says they ship around the world...

Maybe their policy has changed, but that link references 2021.

If you REALLY want to get an e-bike that's not available here in Canada, another (not cheap) option is MyUS.com

I looked into it once before when I was considering a bike from bikesdirect.com (they recommend MyUS.com).

MyUS essentially works as a middleman, providing a US or UK shipping address, so you can shop on those specific stores. Then MyUS ships to you. It's not cheap though. When I looked into it, it was going to add another $800 to the cost, if I recall correctly.

Back