Looking for a suspension seat post for my Ultimate T10 +

rajron

Hi;

I am looking for any suggestions on a suspension seat post for my bike.

I have a Gazelle Ultimate T10+ medium frame it is a 27.2 mm post. The Frame is a high step, the distance between the saddle rail and the saddle post clamp is only about 3 and ¾ inches or 95.25mm – I could move the post a few mm higher but it is currently where I want it.
I believe the Crane Creek eeSilk might fit, but they are not available now. I was also considering the Redshift ShockStop Suspension Seat Post. Does anyone know if either of these will fit?
Attached is a picture; the cable for my lock will have to be moved.
Posted in General Ebike Discussion and Gazelle Forums.
51216469566_01e05d58eb_h.jpg

Last edited:
I have the Redshift. I believe you might make it work at a minimum of 4 inches. You won't be able to attach your lock anymore.

The Redshift requires between 3.25 and 3.75" of seat rail to seat tube clearance depending on the seat angle adjustment.

P1080873b.jpg
P1080877b.jpg

From your pic, it appears the Redshift will be a close fit.

Thank You, both;

The Redshift looks great it is my first choice, it should fit - I like it because how simple and small it looks. Our older tarmac roads here develop cracks due to heat stress and as the years go by the cracks widen to often over an inch wide cracks developing about every two feet, riding a few miles over those cracks can wear a person out - a suspension post, the Redshift, should help tremendously.

Thank You, both;

The Redshift looks great it is my first choice, it should fit - I like it because how simple and small it looks. Our older tarmac roads here develop cracks due to heat stress and as the years go by the cracks widen to often over an inch wide cracks developing about every two feet, riding a few miles over those cracks can wear a person out - a suspension post, the Redshift, should help tremendously.
It is indeed a great post.

This probably won't be an issue for you but be aware that the Redshift cannot be cut down in length. Part of the mechanism is inside the post. The Thudbuster & Kinekt posts are hollow inside and can be adjusted in length if necessary.

Hi; Thank You for that insight, I should be good the seat tube is long, but, I will double check.

Hi; Thank You for that insight, I should be good the seat tube is long, but, I will double check.
Hi, just curious if you went with the Redshift. I have a 2021 Medeo T10+ medium frame and am considering the same post. My saddle rail to clamp is also right at 3.75 Inches. Thanks!

Hi, I haven't purchased the seat post yet, we are still in hot season now, maybe in a few weeks I will know, but, 3.75" sounds very close to the clearance I have I think it depends on where you measure.

FYI.....I have the Redshift and it's great but here is a problem I encountered that I hadn't anticipated.
When you require your seat low like I do, (you can't insert the post any further) given the minimum seat height is limited by the minimum height of the suspension linkage, I had real trouble getting the seat fore/aft adjustment on the post. Because of the full post insertion into the seat tube my seat ended up too far forward when installed in the maximum fully back position on the rails.
I had bought a new seat and my sit bones wanted the seat to be further back on the post for them to sit in the right place. What saved me is I had my seat height a bit too low. Once I raised the seat post a bit to gain the extra height, (and the seat moved rearward as a result) it solved my 'seat too far forward' issue.
My new seat is a Selle Anatomica and setup on it is real important. Just a heads up. CN

FYI.....I have the Redshift and it's great but here is a problem I encountered that I hadn't anticipated.
When you require your seat low like I do, (you can't insert the post any further) given the minimum seat height is limited by the minimum height of the suspension linkage, I had real trouble getting the seat fore/aft adjustment on the post. Because of the full post insertion into the seat tube my seat ended up too far forward when installed in the maximum fully back position on the rails.
I had bought a new seat and my sit bones wanted the seat to be further back on the post for them to sit in the right place. What saved me is I had my seat height a bit too low. Once I raised the seat post a bit to gain the extra height, (and the seat moved rearward as a result) it solved my 'seat too far forward' issue.
My new seat is a Selle Anatomica and setup on it is real important. Just a heads up. CN
I was looking at one of the Selle saddles the other day. It looks so comfortable, let me know your thoughts once you try it out please.

I was looking at the gel type or the SMP (medium) e-TRK. I'm told they are like the Cadillacs of bike saddles 😃

I'm told they are like the Cadillacs of bike saddles 😃

"Then there are saddles," I went on--I wished to get this lesson home to him. "Can you think of any saddle ever advertised that you have not tried?"

He said: "It has been an idea of mine that the right saddle is to be found."

I said: "You give up that idea; this is an imperfect world of joy and sorrow mingled. There may be a better land where bicycle saddles are made out of rainbow, stuffed with cloud; in this world the simplest thing is to get used to something hard."

Jerome K. Jerome's opinion on saddles and cycling gadgets

Back