Looking for a new bike that may/may not exist

I'm looking for a bike that has most of the following...

>500wh downtube battery
mid-drive motor
28mph
nuvinci or shimano geared hub
belt drive
under $5k?

If you have any suggestions for most of those options, please let me know. Thanks!

IMG_2576.JPG
Check out the Riese & Muller Charger GT Nuvinci HS

It's quickly becoming one of the more popular sellers in the shop.

Well I'll be damned! I can't believe a bike that fits that requirement is actually out there! That is a nice combination of drive features.

I listed some of the specs below:

Bosch Performace Speed motor (also available as non-speed, this model name without the HS)
Nuvinci N380
Gates Belt Drive
Bosch 500 power pack (also available with a dual battery setup giving you 1000Wh)
Schwalbe Supermoto 27.5x2.4" tires (signified by the GT designation, this bike is also available with 700c wheels and 2" wide tires. I prefer the wider tires for stability and comfort)

It's quite an awesome bike!

new one on me ... Nuvinci N380 ... guess its like a cvt for bikes.

like to test ride one of those one day see how it feels compared to my alfine 11

really like the bike design and components

B.

Yes, it's a CVT. It's really nice and gaining popularity here, especially when mated with a proper mid-drive.

Whenever you want you're welcome to come by and we can go for a ride :)

I don't think the Kalkhoff meets his < 5k criteria. And that second option, after a motor swap, likely wouldn't meet it either. I'm pretty enthused about the R&M and am fortunate enough to have a dealer nearby. Room for the large, cushy tires is especially appealing.

Back