Looking for a dedicated mid-drive for distance

The Purion is much better than the display on my sister- in-laws' Giant Liv Amiti which lacks information.
Are we talking about RideControlOne? I think @Browneye would disagree with you. I have not seen the display except on YouTube but RideControlOne is connectable to the smartphone and it seems to deliver a wealth of information. Purion cannot do it.

Also, the Bosch Gen 4 motor is very much different from the Gen 2. Beginning with the normally sized chain-ring.

Are we talking about RideControlOne? I think @Browneye would disagree with you. I have not seen the display except on YouTube but RideControlOne is connectable to the smartphone and it seems to deliver a wealth of information. Purion cannot do it.

Also, the Bosch Gen 4 motor is very much different from the Gen 2. Beginning with the normally sized chain-ring.
As a stand alone piece of equipment all it shows are dots for the level of assist and dots for the remaining power.

As a stand alone piece of equipment all it shows are dots for the level of assist and dots for the remaining power.
Now I fully understand!
RideControl One is indeed the minimalist remote with several LEDs and smartphone/Garmin connectivity.
RideControl EVO is the large display.

I agree, the model considered by @antboy has the ControlRide One. If I were to choose, I am a fan of connectivity and using the smartphone as the display but that's me.

I stand corrected.

I can push my budget higher than that, to say $6000 Cdn, but for that price I'd want an IGH. :)

Have you looked at pushkar's superbike? Quite a bit over your budget but will the bikes you're looking at ultimately get you what you want? While it probably won't tick the box to pedal at 0 pas does it really matter if you have a ton of range?

Hey AntBoy, Dave from DŌST Bikes here. Our bikes might be of interest to you, they use the Bafang BBSO2 mid-drive with throttle, 120 Nm torque, a dual battery option for those long distances. The base price (single battery) is $2800 USD, so definitely comes in under your budget. The website is DOSTBikes.com if you want to take a look - they arrive end of May. Happy hunting, Dave

Now I fully understand!
RideControl One is indeed the minimalist remote with several LEDs and smartphone/Garmin connectivity.
RideControl EVO is the large display.

I agree, the model considered by @antboy has the ControlRide One. If I were to choose, I am a fan of connectivity and using the smartphone as the display but that's me.

I stand corrected.
Yeah, at one point I thought the minimalist LED display wouldn't be useful, but I'm now leaning more towards that kind of setup. I also like the small display on the OHM bike.

@tomdav - Thanks, I took a look at the thread, and I like what he did with the Watt Wagon, but I'd like more details before committing.

My original plan was to make a decision by May, so I could have something by June. It's tempting to hold out to see what else might be coming out. Then again, who knows how the Covids is gonna affect supply chains and new releases.

@steve mercier - while I didn't push the bike to high speeds, I did take the Allant+ 8 out for a test ride. With the motor off, if there was resistance, i didn't notice it. It felt surprisingly good to pedal.

@FlatSix911 - I might have to give them a call to figure out how much I'd save.

UPDATE: looks like it'll be at least a couple of weeks before I can go for a test ride, unless Ontario declared bike shops an "essential service" tomorrow!

Yeah, at one point I thought the minimalist LED display wouldn't be useful, but I'm now leaning more towards that kind of setup. I also like the small display on the OHM bike.

@tomdav - Thanks, I took a look at the thread, and I like what he did with the Watt Wagon, but I'd like more details before committing.

My original plan was to make a decision by May, so I could have something by June. It's tempting to hold out to see what else might be coming out. Then again, who knows how the Covids is gonna affect supply chains and new releases.

@steve mercier - while I didn't push the bike to high speeds, I did take the Allant+ 8 out for a test ride. With the motor off, if there was resistance, i didn't notice it. It felt surprisingly good to pedal.

@FlatSix911 - I might have to give them a call to figure out how much I'd save.

UPDATE: looks like it'll be at least a couple of weeks before I can go for a test ride, unless Ontario declared bike shops an "essential service" tomorrow!
Yes they have the Allant in at the Trek store near me... it looks good , I like with the twin battery option and will test one when it is safe to do so . Keep your distance and wash your hands everybody.

Hey AntBoy, Dave from DŌST Bikes here. Our bikes might be of interest to you, they use the Bafang BBSO2 mid-drive with a throttle, 120 Nm torque, a dual battery option for those long distances. The base price (single battery) is $2800 USD, so it definitely comes in under your budget. The website is DOSTBikes.com if you want to take a look - they arrive end of May. Happy hunting, Dave

Nicely designed bikes... looks like they are assembled in Canada. Thanks for sharing. ;)

1585012098485.png

Back