Long Leadtime

CP598

Region
USA
Hey everyone, newbie here and this is my first post. I just started doing my research and while I was initially going to purchase a Radpower Mini4, I think I may be more interested in the Lectric XP2.0. The thing that is holding me back is the long lead time. Their website says 7 weeks. From reading some posts it seem like it is potentially taking longer. The other concern I have is the battery seems a little smaller than their competitors, I'm not sure how much of an issue this really is. Looking forward to more research and getting my first ebike.

The other bike I have started looking at is the Ecotric 48V Fat Tire Folding ebike. It is going for $1269 on Amazon plus $130 off. I could have it in a week.

The BMC I just bought was sitting on the floor. You just gotta know where to shop! LOL

Well... after some more thought, I went ahead and placed an order for the Lectric. Now the wait begins.

"How important is customer service and support?" is a question that may differentiate Lectric from other brands that "claim" to ship faster. Whatever you decide be aware that a new outbreak in China will soon cause price increases and extend shipping delays that may not get resolved for several years, if at all. If anyone wants an ebike they should order it now or order the parts and components to DIY asap. It appears this will impact all industries including ebikes from all resellers of Chinese products.

Thank you all for your replies, I appreciate the input. I agree Stoneyrun, customer service is really important, I also agree with what you are saying about the lead time on products shipped form China. The industry I work in has felt the impact of COVID. We are constantly running out of materials supplied both foreign and domestic. Prices are increasing at an alarming rate. Drive by any car dealership and look how many vehicles they have on the lot, or more accurately "don't have on the lot". There are Anti-dumping duties that will soon be imposed on goods imported from China. This will obviously have an impact on prices and supply chains. Thanks again for the replies, and I am excited to start ebiking!!

Its time that made in USA bike entrepreneurs start getting venture capital to get ahead of this made in China BS that has finally come back to bite us in the ass.

Its time that made in USA bike entrepreneurs start getting venture capital to get ahead of this made in China BS that has finally come back to bite us in the ass.
If enough people are willing to pay more and consume less, that I am sure an all make in USA component ebike is possible. It is also better for the environment if things are not shipped half way around the world.

Are we prepared to pay for a $3000 Lectrix XP 2.0?

If a US company did their own manufacturing and also invested in local bike shops nationally for points of sale and eliminate shipping all together in could offset some of the costs.

If enough people are willing to pay more and consume less, that I am sure an all make in USA component ebike is possible. It is also better for the environment if things are not shipped half way around the world.

Are we prepared to pay for a $3000 Lectrix XP 2.0?
Your question should probably be for a $6,000 Lectrix. Factories with automation are not cheap to build. Checked the price of a Tesla lately?

Your question should probably be for a $6,000 Lectrix. Factories with automation are not cheap to build. Checked the price of a Tesla lately?
If it was making tee shirts, sure we could compete- but it's going to be hard to compete with Asia as they now produce probably over 95% of all bike and ebike components made. And yeah, no way you buy an Lectric XP for 899 made in Phoenix...

Back