LMT'D Battery Fit?

R.T.

Region
USA
I ordered a second battery (48V 14ah Reention Dorado "EEL") with my new LMT'D. It was black rather than the "sand" color of the bike, but no big deal. However, while the battery that came standard with bike fits snugly in the frame, the second battery does not. So far it appears to latch securely and to power the bike properly, but there is about a 1/10th inch gap between the upper right rim of the frame battery compartment and the ridge on the battery case that should be flush with that rim. My concern is that this may provide an entry for water to seep into the battery compartment.

Any thoughts on this? Am I being concerned over nothing?

--RT

I've had non-OEM batteries for several of my ebikes. Most 'fit' about the same. They all had slight gaps around the battery case even OEM. Water is going to get in these gaps upon immersion. I don't recall any ebike saying they are waterproof. But I doubt normal rain would affect the connection. I wouldn't worry about these gaps. Cosmetically it may cause concern but not functionally as long as it 'locks in'.

Back