LMT'D add ons discussion

Mike N.

Was wondering what add ons people were going to add to their LMT'D. Specifically I'm looking at a suspension seat post and some type of fender. I have a Topeak rear rack and bag from a previous bike I was going to use. My friend I ride with has a Topeak handlebar mounted metal basket. I never thought much for baskets but I've found they are very convenient to hold your stuff while your riding.

I immediately added a Topeak Explorer rear rack for disc brake bikes, since I use the bike to commute. It's nice and sturdy, but it's shorter than I was expecting. Also the rear frame holes were full of paint, it took some effort to get the screws to go in. Also on the rack, I added a light holder for the square-mount (Cygolite+others) lights. I can attach my cheapo flashing bright tail light. On the front I have a Cateye headlight on the bars. With the shape of the bars (mine are the Cafe style) it's hard to get enough space to mount everything. I also have a phone holder that sits up away from the bars maybe 1.5" which helps some.

I have the cafe style bars too. maybe something like this?

Handlebar Extension Double Clamp Bike Bracket Bicycle Accessories for Holding Flashlight Speedometer GPS Phone

I like my riser bar-- it has about 2-3 inches in rise so its infinitely adjustable. Just by rotating it backwards or forwards you get most any position to fit. I had a piston style seat post on my Pace 500. It did well but so far on the Lmt'd I swapped the Pace 500 velo gel seat for the Lmt'd seat and comfy so far- even on the trails.

Attachments

• 1603326352042857977830852018792.jpg
    1603326352042857977830852018792.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 394
Here's what I added to my Lmt'd. It's what Mike N. linked in his post. I'm still playing around with placement of the attachments but I like what I have now. I moved the display to the center of the bike and I like that better. One thing you can't see in the picture is I added a bike alarm to the bottom of the extension. It's attached with cable ties and works great there. If you enlarge the second photo, you can see the alarm. The black thing on the left is my drink holder. I order lunch occasionally and get an iced tea. The tea fits in the holder perfectly. When I'm not carring drinks, it carries my mask, keys, alarm fob, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_20201019_122148.jpg
    IMG_20201019_122148.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_20201017_105806.jpg
    IMG_20201017_105806.jpg
    611.1 KB · Views: 494
Back