2022 Turbo Tero 5.0 Equipment question

aaronkimk

I've ordered Turbo Tero 5.0 and now I'm looking for some add-ons for my new bike.

At least I am looking to have some sort of front & real lights, real rack and some bags and panniers for the rack, phone mount, bell, bottle cage, and maybe even fenders so when I ride in the rainy season the wet surface doesn't ruin my cloths. And my questions are, should I go with Tero EQ kit or should I just go with other brand parts for those accessories since EQ kit seems pretty expensive and the installation cost is about $200 as well in my local bike shop. Also, some suggestions for the bag/panniers, phone mount, bell, bottle cage, etc. Also, if not EQ kit, what are my other options for lights, rack, fenders etc. Thank you!

I've ordered Turbo Tero 5.0 and now I'm looking for some add-ons for my new bike.

At least I am looking to have some sort of front & real lights, real rack and some bags and panniers for the rack, phone mount, bell, bottle cage, and maybe even fenders so when I ride in the rainy season the wet surface doesn't ruin my cloths. And my questions are, should I go with Tero EQ kit or should I just go with other brand parts for those accessories since EQ kit seems pretty expensive and the installation cost is about $200 as well in my local bike shop. Also, some suggestions for the bag/panniers, phone mount, bell, bottle cage, etc. Also, if not EQ kit, what are my other options for lights, rack, fenders etc. Thank you!
Aaron: Regarding the Tero specifically, you will be pretty well off if you embrace the EQ Kit. Tero is a Specialized e-bike meaning there are plenty of small non-standard solutions in the e-bike. Especially the lighting will be internally powered and nicely integrated. Furthermore, your Tero will look good, as designed. Hopefully, someone can guide you into buying individual third party components but that might cost you even more than the EQ Kit. Also, the trouble is not worth of it.

Phone mount: If your phone is the iPhone or Samsung, the more recent models, there is nothing better than Quadlock but necessarily with a dedicated/integrated Quadlock phone case for your phone model. Only the integrated case will give you a high probability your phone will not be sent flying soon.

Bell: WHICHEVER. Bells are of so many flavours. Find one with a 22.2 mm diameter mount.

Panniers: I do not know what rack it will be, so no suggestion.
Water-bottle-cage: ANY. Specialized Zee II Cage is very good.

Aaron: Regarding the Tero specifically, you will be pretty well off if you embrace the EQ Kit. Tero is a Specialized e-bike meaning there are plenty of small non-standard solutions in the e-bike. Especially the lighting will be internally powered and nicely integrated. Furthermore, your Tero will look good, as designed. Hopefully, someone can guide you into buying individual third party components but that might cost you even more than the EQ Kit. Also, the trouble is not worth of it.

Phone mount: If your phone is the iPhone or Samsung, the more recent models, there is nothing better than Quadlock but necessarily with a dedicated/integrated Quadlock phone case for your phone model. Only the integrated case will give you a high probability your phone will not be sent flying soon.

Bell: WHICHEVER. Bells are of so many flavours. Find one with a 22.2 mm diameter mount.

Panniers: I do not know what rack it will be, so no suggestion.
Water-bottle-cage: ANY. Specialized Zee II Cage is very good.
Thank you so much Stefan! I think I will go with EQ kit, yea I don't want to spend countless hours searching for the right setup.

Thank you so much Stefan! I think I will go with EQ kit, yea I don't want to spend countless hours searching for the right setup.
The combination of fenders, rack, and tail-light has never been easy, especially with the dropper seat-post!

FYI - my local shop (LBS?) charges a whopping 40 bucks (yes $40!) to install this kit, integral lights and all. And they say that accessing the electrical system for anything by the owner voids the warranty. It might be moremif I didn’t buy the bikes there, but they are good to their customers. Something to bring up with your shop. So it was well worth it to have them do my 3.0 and 5.0. But at $200 I would either do it myself or find another bike shop.

On the rest of the items @Stefan Mikes has the right idea. I also bought a Garmin Edge 530 which came with a very nice mount just long enough to put the GPS directly in front of the TCD. Nice and clean. I also bought a Garmin RTL515 for each bike since we will be riding on roads a bit.

Here’s a link to my LBS if your’s wants verification or whatever: https://www.victoryvelo.com/

This is the kit on my wife’s 3.0 (still waiting on my 50):
7DF4780B-D940-4BC6-AB42-BF8916BE997F.jpeg

your shop your buying a bike from charges you for installing extras you buy at the same time? now that sucks rocks. thats really nickel and diming you.

your shop your buying a bike from charges you for installing extras you buy at the same time? now that sucks rocks. thats really nickel and diming you.
Steve, installing the kit means a lot of work I think. I'm not surprised the shop needs some compensation.

I love the EQ kit, my wife has it on her Vado its nice, and sturdy too. For a rack I went with Aero, expensive but meets/exceeds my needs. Easy to install/remove and its tall enough to clear 29" wheels.

IMG_0393.jpg

111B6887-BDB8-4AED-ADBB-C75DAA93ADA2.jpg

C87FD676-2301-4CC7-BAB3-E5D30EAA37CA.jpg

337324D2-0FCA-4D7E-983F-A68929A38473.jpg

Back